StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! My name is William. Just wanted to say hi to everyone since I have been lurking for a while now. I have a bunch of bikes but new to the Strom thing.
I ride a lot and I'm enjoying my new toy.
If you guys ever want to ride feel free to hit me up. :)
I'm a fabricator and own a shop in the Marietta area, so I can ride anytime (love self employment).

·
Registered
767 Posts
Welcome neighbor...
I'm in John's Creek... just south of you.

I don't quite have the 'anytime' freedom to ride (but a few in the area do). However, I'm usually good for at least one day over the weekends...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice to meet you, cool deal :) I actually just got a house in Cumming and will be moving in on friday. Puts me much closer to the mountains.. exit 16 on 400.
We have to plan a day trip but I'm game for more.
Got my 650 about 4 months ago and it has already been to VA twice:)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Howdy! Was out your way today. I did see a black strom on Dallas hwy when I was heading that way ..you know him?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heading to VA again.. anyone ever take the BRP that far?
Past couple of trips I did was a lot of slab was thinking about the slow way .. but I have only been on bits of it before ... any camping sites on the parkway or do I have to do the hotel thing....As you can tell I have no plan on doing the trip in one day..want to take my time:)

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Yes , I've ridden it to the very end (Skyline drive , Virginia) and back. Beautiful ride , and there is camping along the way , but we Hotel'd it on our run.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Hello from Acworth.

I've ridden BRP from Cherokee up just past Mt Mitchell. It's a great ride. There's quite a few back roads along the BRP that are great as well.

I look forward to meeting and riding with you sometime.

Do you ride pavement only?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do most of my payment riding on my other bikes ...I spend 70% of my time off road on the strom... :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If I'm doing heavy off road I run my twinduro's I'm always looking for more off road stuff (but keep in mind I try not to beat my bike to death)...:)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi from Marietta. I live right near the roundabout they put in last year near Davis Road. I work downtown though, near Georgia Tech.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi from Marietta. I live right near the roundabout they put in last year near Davis Road. I work downtown though, near Georgia Tech.
Cool deal!! We need to start a ride soon.. do you do any off road?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Good meeting you today, OCD, at Rider's Hill...
As we discussed, I stick to pavement, but I ride quite a bit (perhaps a little less just now - just put my house on the block, and need to find another one to buy -- I'm downsizing). However, I ride year round, and once re-settled will be looking at a few longer runs...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Heading to VA again.. anyone ever take the BRP that far?
Past couple of trips I did was a lot of slab was thinking about the slow way .. but I have only been on bits of it before ... any camping sites on the parkway or do I have to do the hotel thing....As you can tell I have no plan on doing the trip in one day..want to take my time:)
I camped for a week after the Gathering-East in Stecoah. I was told by a forest service ranger that the majority of the sites along the BRP are first-come first-served and generally only fill up completely on holiday weekends. I stayed in a campground called Linville Falls, and it was fine. Pretty cheap too.
I've also stayed at two other campgrounds on a previous trip a few years ago. Never had problems finding an available site.
Check out:
Camping on the Parkway - Blue Ridge Parkway (U.S. National Park Service)
for alot of good information regarding camping along the BRP.
BTW, I'm retired and can ride any time (within some limitations). I've ridden with BKP, who I think you've met.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I camped for a week after the Gathering-East in Stecoah. I was told by a forest service ranger that the majority of the sites along the BRP are first-come first-served and generally only fill up completely on holiday weekends. I stayed in a campground called Linville Falls, and it was fine. Pretty cheap too.
I've also stayed at two other campgrounds on a previous trip a few years ago. Never had problems finding an available site.
Check out:
Camping on the Parkway - Blue Ridge Parkway (U.S. National Park Service)
for alot of good information regarding camping along the BRP.
BTW, I'm retired and can ride any time (within some limitations). I've ridden with BKP, who I think you've met.
Cool deal..thanks for the info :) I'm going to squeeze a little rind in next weekend .. If you want to go please message me..

·
Registered
15 Posts
I picked up a glee on the 8th. First bike I've had in almost 6 years. I'm looking forward to some group riding once i get comfortable with the bike. I live in Falcon Woods off Jamerson road. It's nice to know there are this many riders in the area.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Action .I ride every weekend and some Mondays. Your more then welcome to join.
We can take it slow until you get more familiar with your Strom and maybe pick up some pointers along the way..
Congratulations on your DL!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi Garrett, welcome. :D

I got a Enduro Guardian skid plate on my Strom now, and it worked great last weekend. I'm down for a ride offroads next time you guys are going. I'm slow offroads, used to a 200lb KTM. I probably average about 25mph if not less on gravel, but can meet up with you later on. I have a Sargent seat, so I don't mind riding continuously. A 500+ mile day is nothing on the Strom, it just eats the miles. :D

1 - 20 of 48 Posts