StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,297 Posts
I have been using the Turtleback II for several months now. After seeing how well it worked when a rider went down earlier this year I bought one. You don't really notice it when riding. Takes a moment to hook up. Only real "hassle" is getting it on and off your jacket/suit. I wish it had some way of staying attached to the jacket.
Right now I have to say I think they are just as important to me as a quality helmet. And about the same cost.

Reactions: DesertBike

·
Registered
15,052 Posts
I got the jacket a couple years ago at the BMW 49er rally in Mariposa ca. The jacket was on sale for less than the vest so i got it and a couple spare tethers for the other bikes and a couple spare gas cartridges .
In hind sight I shoulda gotten the vest because I've got plenty other riding gear that now sits while I wear the Helite jacket.
A friend in Minnesota center punched a van that pulled out in front of him and the jacket saved him. His story is one of the selling highlights for Helite. The rescue crew was looking for a body when they saw the carnage but Jim was sitting on the sidelines only a bit bruised.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts