StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Brand new to RevZilla.com, Heidenau Tires are one of the most premier names in motorcycle tire manufacturing. We are very happy to be spreading the word about these excellent ADV and dual sport tires and extremely pleased to have them as part of our lineup. We've recently begun to receive inventory of the Heidenau K76 Front Tire and rear tire so we had our first in-person look at them and an opportunity to a brief video overview of them. Once we've logged a thousand miles or so on these tires, we'll have the opportunity to provide a detailed breakdown and opinion of their performance.

For now, take a look at our Heidenau K76 Tire Review:

Heidenau has been manufacturing tires in Germany since 1946 and have earned their reputation thanks to extensive trials, testing, and developing what they refer to as a "super-compound" of rubber. Prior to the wall coming down in 1990, the high quality rubbers were only going to West Germany. Heidenau, based in East Germany, was receiving a much poorer quality of rubber. As a result, they had to develop a technique of mixing different rubbers to the consistency that they desired. When the wall eventually came down, they were able to access better rubber and apply this technique to produce excellent motorcycle tires.

Heidenau K60 Scout Rear Tire

The Heidenau K76 Rear Tire and front tire will provide excellent longevity and grip for the ADV/dualsport rider. The tread pattern provides tremendous on-road grip for wet weather and cornering, but the deep grooves are wide enough to handle fire roads with gravel or hard packed dirt. Designed for a 90/10 dirt to road application, the K76 tires are ideal for the GS, V-Strom or KTM rider who spends the majority of time on the road. For the rider who hits the loose off-road dirt more often, the Heidenau K60 Scout Tire is a great option.

Heidenau K60 Scout Rear Tire

We look forward to logging plenty of miles on Heidenau tires this upcoming season and will provide our video opinion review as soon as we have 1000 or so miles on the tires.

-RetroZilla

Related:
Michelin Commander 2 Tires
Michelin Pilot Road 3 Tires

·
Registered
808 Posts
Looking forward to your review!

I loved the K60 on the dalton highway, not quite as much on the road, as it liked to squirm a ton under hard cornering -- to be expected, of course!

One thing worth noting, the 140 rear tire has a center tread block and the 130 does not. I ran a 140 on my Wee, and a buddy ran a 130 on his F650GS. My Wee managed over 6000 miles on it, while the F650gs only managed 3k. :thumbdown: It was recommended that I run a 140 instead of 150 on the wee; the stock size on the F650gs was 140, hence the 130 recommendation. I doubt anyone would put a 130 on the wee, but just as a heads-up.. don't run a 130 unless you want to have substantially shorter tire life!

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What have you determined re the Heidenau tires?
From a sales standpoint, the K 60 Scout seem to be very popular in a variety of sizes. We also have a set of the K 60 Scout on the RevZilla R1200 GS, but we have yet to do any real testing on them. I also will have a set of the K76 on my personal R1200 GS by the end of this week and plan to do a full review after logging in some mileage with a comma :)

Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anakees or K76

Currently have Anakees on my wee and getting about 20,000kms out of a set.
Current Anakees getting low and have seen some good reviews on K76 tyres.
Do mostly road riding and planning interstate trip to HU meeting next month in QLD. Retailer says that Anakees would give me better grip on road and last longer but are more expensive ( $80 more than K76 tyres for set). Any comments from K76 users?

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Currently have Anakees on my wee and getting about 20,000kms out of a set.
Current Anakees getting low and have seen some good reviews on K76 tyres.
Do mostly road riding and planning interstate trip to HU meeting next month in QLD. Retailer says that Anakees would give me better grip on road and last longer but are more expensive ( $80 more than K76 tyres for set). Any comments from K76 users?
Hi Gerran,
I am currently riding the K76 on my GS 1200, and honestly, I prefer the Metzeler Tourance that came stock with the BMW. The K76 would be a good choice if mileage was your highest priority, but I don't think they will corner as well as the Anakee 2 DS tires. The Michelin are also considered an 80/20 on/ off road tire and the K76 are considered a 90/10 tire.
Personally, I would rather have better cornering confidence and replace my tires a little more frequently than have a harder tire that lasts longer but is less grippy.
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

·
Registered
618 Posts
I am curious why they always show the picture of the Heidenau K60 that is NOT the tread pattern used with the 150/70R-17 tire size for the Vstrom. The 150/70R-17 Heidenau K60 has a completely different tread pattern. I love this tire, and I think they would sell more if they showed this version in the pictures.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am curious why they always show the picture of the Heidenau K60 that is NOT the tread pattern used with the 150/70R-17 tire size for the Vstrom. The 150/70R-17 Heidenau K60 has a completely different tread pattern. I love this tire, and I think they would sell more if they showed this version in the pictures.
Hi Jarlaxle,
Heidenau only provides one stock image for the K 60 Scout to use on their product listing, however, we took images of both the 150/70 r17 and the 150/70 r18, which are listed on our site to help show folks how the tread pattern changes to accommodate larger / heavier bikes.

Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

1 - 9 of 9 Posts