StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to an injury on my achilles tendon on my left foot, I'm having increased pain when I upshift. This problem will not heal and may get worse; the only "fix" is surgery with AT LEAST 6 months of recovery time.

So I'm looking for solutions, preferably one that doesn't include buying another bike.

I've already searched for this (heel/toe shifter); it doesn't appear that any aftermarket company makes anything like this. In fact, I didn't think I'd have any success since our bikes don't have floorboards for this type of accessory.

I'm looking at air shifters. They may be a solution. But it seems like a heel/toe would be better and less expensive. Or will I need to look for a good welder/fabricator in Orlando?

Thanks for your help in advance. :)

VeeTX

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I've never seen an off-the-shelf heel/toe shifter that would fit. However, something like this should be very easy for even a so-so welder to make for you. A homemade heel/toe shifter would sure be cheaper than an air shifter setup.

You might go check with a few (not dealership) motorcycle mechanics. Not only would they probably be able to weld one up for you, they would likely have a bunch of spare shifters that could be used as donor parts.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts