StromTrooper banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
New to the wee.Is there any problem changing oil and filter with this skid plate installed ?

Well to do the light oil change there is no issues with the skid plate on but if you're changing the filter I'm almost sure you have to take the plate off, I'm due for and oil and filter change in a month or so I'll let you know

CcsCourierMiami

·
Registered
141 Posts
Totally agree. I bought the bags too and one of the snaps was messed up. I let them know and within a week I had a replacement bag. The bars are fantastic and I think they follow the lines of the bike better than any other.
I am going to have to call them and see if they will replace my bags as well then. I put them on and had them on for a week or so before I needed to take them off and one of the snaps just came apart in the strap so I have a strap just flapping. Which is not a big deal but fit and finish wise, I would like to have it fixed.

I will say though that my heed bars have already paid for themselves and then some. My first foray into the woods I resulted in a mishap that would have been pretty costly had I not had these bars on. They took it like a champ and did their jobs. Not a scratch on the bike itself and even the bars are not scratched that bad (and it wasn't for a lack of trying :razz: ) Very good investment.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just installed the crash bars on my '14 DL1000. The install was smooth (despite the hard to understand instructions). I am really happy with the look and quality of the bars.

The snap came off one of the bags when I was unsnapping it for the first time to put it on the bars. It sends like a couple of other posters experienced something similar.

Overall I am pretty stoked and can't wait to show them off to my riding buddies.

ImageUploadedByMO Free1499196742.863993.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1499196755.378786.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1499196767.433306.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1499196778.103728.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
60 Posts
Follow up? After a couple of years how are they holding up? Would you make that same purchase again? Did you stick with their bags or rid up something else? Were their bags sturdy in the long haul?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Rather interested to know how the turned out for people as well.. Although, I have a 2018 1000XT and I don't see a listing for them anywhere... so may be a moot point.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Rather interested to know how the turned out for people as well.. Although, I have a 2018 1000XT and I don't see a listing for them anywhere... so may be a moot point.
U can find them on their web site. They are 220$ with shiping, I have 2018 xt to so I'm looking for one.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good looking stuff. Found them fairly quickly on ebay seller is heed_heed (can't post a link because I only have three posts) :frown2:

-Brian

·
Registered
82 Posts
Good looking stuff. Found them fairly quickly on ebay seller is heed_heed (can't post a link because I only have three posts) :frown2:

-Brian
That's OK, links to eBay and even Amazon become invalid fairly quickly. It's better to just tell people what search terms to use. Saying the name of the vendor is good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I currently have SW-Motech skid plate on my bike. I would love to have the Heed crash bars. However, I have concern where the Heed bars connect point underneath and the top of the SW-Motech skin plate connection point running into each other. Does anyone Know if they would be compatible?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I currently have SW-Motech skid plate on my bike. I would love to have the Heed crash bars. However, I have concern where the Heed bars connect point underneath and the top of the SW-Motech skin plate connection point running into each other. Does anyone Know if they would be compatible?
I dont think so. Heed web site sais that their skid plate is compatible only with heed crash bars. Bo go online and ask them.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
neither heed or happy trails could tell me if the heed crash bars would fit w/ a happy trails skid plate on my '18 dl1000.... inspection of heed crash bar & happy trails skid plate photos suggested they probably would work together....

they do fit fine w/ one caveat:
the left&right lower crossover bar on the heeds are not symetrical - the right side angles up a bit more (or earlier as it proceeds from the outside/lateral to mid area - if that makes sense).... consequently it is not possible to use the right billet half clamp to join the happy trails plate/joiner piece (which also bolts to the skid plate proper).... a u-bolt work fine.... tightening the u-bolt causes the top part of the joiner piece to bend slightly..... no big deal - not really noticeable & does not impact integrity of the skid plate......

anyone know if the ht skid plate creates a problem in mounting cat-free pipe - arrow or dekevic?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is the skid plate substantial enough to lift the bike with a scissor type floor jack? That is, the kind of jack that has a wide flat base. I would only be lifting either the front or rear wheel off the ground at one time, not the whole bike.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts