StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so, I don't normally do this on any of the forums I'm a part of, but I had such a positive experience with the Heed products I purchased for my wee I just had to share it. If any of you are looking for crash bars, skid plate or a center stand I definitely recommend at least giving these guys a shot. I think they are out of Poland so it does take a few weeks to get I think about a week and a half for me but it was well worth the wait! High quality, absolute best bang for your buck (imo) super easy install (instructions are pretty much like solving a puzzle but for a slightly mechanically inclined individual it's not bad) took me about 2.5 hours to fully install, that's even including the horn bags which were probably the most aggravating thing to install lol. Again these may not be to everyone's taste but just thought I'd pass my experience along.

Also if any of you do check them out and like what ya see and like me wanted all four of their products for the wee in one shipment just send them a message through eBay and they can help ya out. I'm pretty sure they even knocked a little off of the overall price with the combined order!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ok so, I don't normally do this on any of the forums I'm a part of, but I had such a positive experience with the Heed products I purchased for my wee I just had to share it. If any of you are looking for crash bars, skid plate or a center stand I definitely recommend at least giving these guys a shot. I think they are out of Poland so it does take a few weeks to get I think about a week and a half for me but it was well worth the wait! High quality, absolute best bang for your buck (imo) super easy install (instructions are pretty much like solving a puzzle but for a slightly mechanically inclined individual it's not bad) took me about 2.5 hours to fully install, that's even including the horn bags which were probably the most aggravating thing to install lol. Again these may not be to everyone's taste but just thought I'd pass my experience along.

Also if any of you do check them out and like what ya see and like me wanted all four of their products for the wee in one shipment just send them a message through eBay and they can help ya out. I'm pretty sure they even knocked a little off of the overall price with the combined order!

Can you post pictures of it installed? I just saw these online and like the way they look over the OEM and Givi models. Do they feel like they are strong enough to provide protection? The look like they sit higher than other brands.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the late response to all you guys, for some reason Tapatalk didn't notify me someone replied to this thread or (more likely) I didn't see it .....I'll post some pics as soon as I get some good ones taken....the ones I have you can't really see the stuff because it was dark lol. And a horn bag is little bags that go on the empty space in the crash bars.

Here's a link to the package I bought from them which includes the skid Traumadiver...

http://m.ebay.com/itm/ENGINE-GUARD-CENTRE-STAND-BAGS-and-CRASH-BARS-HEED-for-SUZUKI-DL650-V-STROM-/172547788823?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20150519202348%26meid%3D7be791df937e4367a7ecfbab015791c0%26pid%3D100408%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D182433631951&_trksid=p2056116.c100408.m2460

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you post pictures of it installed? I just saw these online and like the way they look over the OEM and Givi models. Do they feel like they are strong enough to provide protection? The look like they sit higher than other brands.

They are strong, full transparency I don't have experience with any of the other brands besides what I've seen in person on other bikes, but these are well made products for sure. I do have experience with crappy made products as I have a Jeep with many aftermarket parts on it, and trust me the build quality ranges from pretty good to really really bad! And these are really good lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am super interested... I shot them an email because I dont see an ebay listing for a skid plate...

I also want to see if I can get a set unfinished so I can get them powder coated in Hi viz yellow

·
Registered
38 Posts
Got a reply already, couldn't do the custom powder coat out send me unfinished.... But $270 shipped.... yeah I found what I'm getting

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got a reply already, couldn't do the custom powder coat out send me unfinished.... But $270 shipped.... yeah I found what I'm getting

Just remember though it is coming from Poland....so it will take a minute lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Also, do you already have crash bars? Because this skid attaches to the crash bars that wrap around the front....might be a deal breaker for ya if you don't already have them

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have Heed crash bars and I have been looking for a relatively budget friendly skid plate option that would work. I ordered a Ravetech because it looked like it did not mount to the bars but instead to the engine mounts themselves and would not interfere. I do not have any personal experience but the reviews on some of the others compared to the Ravetech were not so good so I pulled the trigger on that one. What I learned when it got here is that it mounts in the same engine mounts as the crash bars. So we marked and drilled a hole 1.25" behind the engine mount bolt holes and used some 1.25" bolts to mount it there instead of to the mounts and it worked perfectly and looks professional. I am very pleased. The only thing I foresee having to change/modify is that the plate actually is too close to the bottom of the muffler so I'm going to put a couple washers in there to give some space. There is plenty of room on the bottom bolts for that.

According to the directions you should only see 2 bolts there but the one in the middle is the hole drilled for the skid plate and the ones on the outsides are the crash bars.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello all, I'm about to receive a "Heed Protection Kit" for my '14 DL, crash bars, skid plate, and center stand, I'll like to know if any of you installed this before so I can get some tips on how to put it all on the bike, like what should go first, and after. I've search around but seems the only videos around are for other brands, I'm sure it comes with instructions, but is always good to hear from guys with actual experience on it, thanks.

CcsCourierMiami

·
Registered
2 Posts
Totally agree. I bought the bags too and one of the snaps was messed up. I let them know and within a week I had a replacement bag. The bars are fantastic and I think they follow the lines of the bike better than any other.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just ordered the crash bars and skid plate for mine as well. I agree with CcsCourier, it would be nice to have some insight on what to watch for when installing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I ended up figuring out by myself, turns out in a scale of 1 to 10, I'm my opinion the crash bars are a 3, nothing mayor to do there, just replace the screws with the ones provided by heed, do not pay attention to the poor heed instructions that even ask for some of the fairing to come off the bike, and the skid plate a 7 on the scale being the screw behind the side stand a real pain in the butt to remove, and the center stand maybe a 4.

CcsCourierMiami

·
Registered
28 Posts
Heed.com don`t do a skid plate for the `14 on Strom as yet. My Heed crash bars are excellent. Mounted well and have a strong feel to them. No crash test as yet.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts