StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'd like to experiment with some heavier bar-end weights on the Strom, but can't find any weights that accomodate the stock handguards. I'd really like to keep the handguards, so does anyone know of any heavier bar ends that accomodate the handguards, or been able to modify the the stock bar and bar end arrangement?

Thanks!

·
Registered
416 Posts
I posted the same question a month or two ago and got a no for an answer. Also got a why would I want to waste my money on barends. They really don't buzz or vibrate.

·
Premium Member
2,208 Posts
you could try a bar snake. it's a solid rubber core that fills your steel handlebars. learn more here:

http://www.barsnake.com/

i think i'll eventually go with an aluminum bar. too many people on this board are saying it is superior in damping vibration.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.....

For the inputs guys! I'd heard about the barsnake before, but forgot about it in reference to my query. $34 for a bar set also isn't an expensive option to consider. FJR, I guess you got some input too, albeit indirectly;) BTW, just helped my best friend remove and replace the entire nose assembly and side panels off his '06 FJR trying to isolate vibration noises, what an absolute BEAR!

thanks again for the inputs!

·
Registered
16 Posts
bars

I used renthal atv alum. No vibes had to play with nut and bolt change to fit stock bar ends , but it all works great. real good fit and control.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts