StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 2007 DL1000 and am interested in getting heated grips. I rented one in Britain last spring that had the OEM and I liked them. Also I viewed the information on Oxford hot grips.
I have a question, what is the part number for the OEM grip kit, is the stock wiring harness pre-plugged for bolt-on plug-in installation?
What is the opinion of comparision between the two, OEM or Oxford?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
The Oxford is much better than OEM. It's less expensive and better quality. HotGrips and various wrap around grips are also options.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have the Oxfords. I really like them. Great quality and those suckers can get HOT if you let them. I have not seen the OEM version but the Oxfords had enough good reviews and they were only $79.00 so I went with them. Very happy so far.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have the Oxfords. I really like them. Great quality and those suckers can get HOT if you let them. I have not seen the OEM version but the Oxfords had enough good reviews and they were only $79.00 so I went with them. Very happy so far.
What he said!:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Had OEM on my previous strom. Have Oxfords on my current one. Oxfords definitely better. Though I'm not as happy with the wiring since the connections are up around the bars. At least that's where they ended up with me.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Ditto on this question

are the hot grips and oxford the same or are they two different types of heated grips. were do you get them?
I've searched for Oxford Hot grips, and I keep seeing varying search results. I saw one page that says "these are the Oxford hot grips sold in the UK, not the Hot grips sold in the US" ...then i was confused. I assume by the name "Oxford" that those are british.

Is there a difference?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Another option is heated gloves. I've had booth. Heated gloves are more pricey, about twice the cost with heat controller as heated grips but work better.

They are more electrically efficient than grips and use ~1/3 the power, important if you are also drawing 100W for a heated liner or other stuff. They also heat the back of the hand and the fingers, the parts of the hand that get cold and contain insulation and are water proof. The backs of your hands start to get painfully cold, even though the palms are warm, with heated grips below ~50F. Finally when you sell your bike you can keep the gloves, you can't remove heated grips.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Anyone try the Showchrome grips? Dont care for the Oxford switch./Users/Tom/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Masters/2012/04/19/20120419-191615/PICT1644.JPG

·
Registered
22,310 Posts
Another option is heated gloves. I've had booth. Heated gloves are more pricey, about twice the cost with heat controller as heated grips but work better.

They are more electrically efficient than grips and use ~1/3 the power, important if you are also drawing 100W for a heated liner or other stuff. They also heat the back of the hand and the fingers, the parts of the hand that get cold and contain insulation and are water proof. The backs of your hands start to get painfully cold, even though the palms are warm, with heated grips below ~50F. Finally when you sell your bike you can keep the gloves, you can't remove heated grips.
I don't know where ya get yer info, my gerbings gloves are more watts than my heated grips

grips are always on the bike, even cool summer mornings when your gloves are packed away with winter stuff

if you have the right winter gloves (good insulation on the backs, very little on the palms), grips will keep your hands warm to below freezing, I only use my heated gloves when temps become well below freeezing and when its frigid(below0°F) I use both

both have there uses, I wouldn't own a bike without heated grips

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Moose Racing heated grips, round rocker switch, Richland Rick CNC switch plate...go find the heated grips connector behind the radiator, patch in a Suzuki horn pigtail (same connector)... heat it up and ride.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts