StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2008 650 am putting on suzuki brand heated grips. Instructions say to plug in to main harness but can not find plug behind radiator

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Here's what to do:

1. Return the ridiculously overpriced, horribly unreliable, pitifully underperforming Suzuki grips to your dealer and get your money back.

2. Go buy a set of Oxford Heaterz, which perform far better, last longer, and have a 2-year, unconditional warranty, for about $50.

3. Ignore the OEM connector behind the radiator and wire your grips directly to the battery using a switched relay to turn them off with the bike.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Wow.......I hate to cross Warhammer as I have always agreed with every one of his posts, however, I own the factory heated grips on my DL650 and they work great for me.

I had the dealer install them, so no help on that front.

Cheers.:weapons_16:

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Here's what to do:

2. Go buy a set of Oxford Heaterz, which perform far better, last longer, and have a 2-year, unconditional warranty, for about $50.
Warhammer - where do you find these at that price? About $70 is the cheapest I've found (e-bay). Also, which model original/693 or Sport/696?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Warhammer - where do you find these at that price? About $70 is the cheapest I've found (e-bay). Also, which model original/693 or Sport/696?
I got mine (original model/693) on E-Bay last fall. After a quick check, it looks like $70 is the going price these days. They must have either raised the price when they came out with the new controller, or the sellers are all taking advantage of the time of year (going into winter) to sell them at a premium. Even at $70, they are well worth the price. I wouldn't hesitate to buy them at that price if I hadn't bought mine last year

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I have had the factory grips on my Wee since 06. Have always been happy with them, never failed me once. Up here in Canada, they do get used a fair amount.

Not sure what the price is on them now, I did pay alot for them back then but I have been very satisfied with them. My only complaint I guess would be that they do not heat all the way around the grip, perhaps that has been changed on newer ones but I doubt it.

The plug is a bit of a bear to find, but its there, behind the rad, usually on the left side and can be accessed without body work removal if you have small hands.

Cheers!

·
Registered
22,198 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts