StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is better to for hooking up heated grips? Is there a problem with wiring them through the switched wiring by the radiator? If I have a fuse box is it better to just run it there? If I don't have a fuse box is it worthwhile to buy one to hook-up the heated grips?

I will use a fuse box for more than just the heated grips, but may delay purchase and install if they can be added without, with no problems.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Locating and accessing the OEM connector is a pain in the butt! The wiring is very thin and, in my opinion. sub par for this application. Just add the fuse box and you're all set for this and later additions.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I believe Suzuki heated grips get there power from the forward connector and (other than tough access) I have not heard of any wiring/power issues. Has anyone had a specific problem?

Also going to this location leaves the fuse bow open for other things.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I use the OEM switched lead to monitor voltage (I know, it probably reads low). Anyway, I didn't wire the grips through this because my understanding is that the load on this circuit is already pretty high, and I didn't want to make it even higher, so I ran it back to the fuse box. I think either works. BTW, for me to get access I had to remove the left side cover and swing the radiator forward. I could see it without moving the radiator, but my fat fingers wouldn't go in there to connect my lead until I gave myself a bit more room.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts