StromTrooper banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I bought some heated grips for my 2007 DL650 a long time ago (2011?), and I can't figure out where I got them. The high setting doesn't work any more, and I wanted to talk to the manufacturer about how to fix them.

I thought they were from Eastern Beaver, but when I check, they aren't sold there. Who else besides Suzuki sells heated grips?

Thanks!

· Registered
89 Posts
10+ yrs ago you are probably out of luck regardless. If you can contact anyone nowadays it all seems to be basic customer service with no knowledge of the product has been my experience.
Unless you bought the product from a smaller mfg like Eastern Beaver or Adventure Tech.

· Registered
264 Posts
Post a picture of the controller, that might help with identification. Could they have Been Hot Grips? I have them on my 09 Wee and the work better than Oxford IMO. They came with two different types of control. One was basically an Off/Lol/Hi switch and a large resistor. The other was a rheostat you just dialed the heat level you want, that's what I have. I do have spare switch resistor set, they sent me both when I purchased the grips.

· Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Long delay! Lots going on.

Post a picture of the controller, that might help with identification. One was basically an Off/Lol/Hi switch and a large resistor. The other was a rheostat you just dialed the heat level you want, that's what I have. I do have spare switch resistor set, they sent me both when I purchased the grips.
I have the simple off/lo/hi switch. Need to get a picture. I guess I'm wondering if the switch itself has gone bad for the high setting or if there is some other component that could crap out. Clearly, the heaters themselves are working, as is the fuse, but they're not getting any current on the hot setting. Since the system is pretty simple, there aren't too many places it could malfunction. I've checked the connections to the switch. They seem solid. So, I'm left thinking it's the switch itself.

· Administrator
15,260 Posts
Post a picture of the controller, that might help with identification. Could they have Been Hot Grips? I have them on my 09 Wee and the work better than Oxford IMO. They came with two different types of control. One was basically an Off/Lol/Hi switch and a large resistor. The other was a rheostat you just dialed the heat level you want, that's what I have. I do have spare switch resistor set, they sent me both when I purchased the grips.
Is Hot Grips still in business? I haven't been able to connect with them for a few years. Great product!

..Tom

· Registered
264 Posts
Long delay! Lots going on.

I have the simple off/lo/hi switch. Need to get a picture. I guess I'm wondering if the switch itself has gone bad for the high setting or if there is some other component that could crap out. Clearly, the heaters themselves are working, as is the fuse, but they're not getting any current on the hot setting. Since the system is pretty simple, there aren't too many places it could malfunction. I've checked the connections to the switch. They seem solid. So, I'm left thinking it's the switch itself.
Post a picture of the grips too, it might help to identify them by the pattern on the grips.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts