StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody got a photo of oxford heated grips fitted to DL 1000 that they could post or direct me to a previous post that shows them.

I am trying to see how you set up the Throttle side .

Thanks

Rodney

·
Registered
392 Posts
Here you go:
oxford closeup.jpg

Mine are the original oxfords. They make a sport bike model now which I have heard are longer. The length has never been a problem for me, if it was I would remove the throttle locker.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I did the wire on top too... I tried it both top and bottom and having the big lump of rubber on top gives me more room for my thumb under the grip. It was clumsy and confining with the wire on the bottom.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your replies on this one, I noticed when you have put it on top you have moved the throttle cables forward as well.

Thanks

Rodney

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I just changed out handlebars on the Vee last night and the trackside heated grips I had would not come off without being damaged. So I bought some Oxfords and WOW it puts out a lot more heat! :yikes:

I have to give Oxford two thumbs up on the quality of the product. :thumbup:

At 75% you can barely hold onto the grips with bare hands from the heat. I prob ride to work next week "if this damn weather will clear up some" so I am looking forward to trying it out. :beatnik:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts