StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Heated Grip on the throttle side has quit working and I need to troubleshoot. Grips were already installed when I got the bike so I haven't a clue as to how these are typically installed or where the problem might lie. I've included a photo of the grip controller in the hope someone knows what brand they are or might have experienced a similar problem and might know of a fix for it.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The heated grips are old style OEM Suzuki grips. They are famous for failing. Don't bother trying to fix them. Aftermarket grips like Oxford or HotGrips are a better choice for a lot less money.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. Of the two you recommended, which one would you say is superior in performance/design?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
There are several makes that work well, I just mentioned a couple of them. I used HotGrips model 475-875 on two bikes along with Warm & Safe heat Trollers. Oxfords come with a heat controller. I wired HotGrips to a fuse block that was relay controlled so they were off if the ignition was off. I preferred that to wiring directly to the battery though at least some Oxfords turn off automatically after a short time if connected to the battery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts