StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well folks it seems as per a longtime,knowladgeable Suzuki Service dept. Mgr. who rides the wheels of his VDawgee,there was a change to a larger throttle tube spool on the 2nd generation heated grip kit for the 05 and up VDawgees. :thumbdown:..(gee,lets make the bike SLOWER to respond,WTF?Oh yes-market segment :headbang:DUH...save us from ourselves and cheat Darwin !) Yes, just later model cables and throttle housing change would seem to make it "work"..right?
Therefore it will not fit in the earlier "smaller" throttle housing. The research we are now moving forward with is if the spool size will impact the way the bikes electronics,sensors etc. perform/react to this on a earlier 02-04 version bike since the 1st generation heated grip kit is NLA.
So, has anyone esle been thru this change already? All input welcome!
Thanks All ...Off for a 1 week ride with cold hands :jawdrop:to www.vivalasvegas2012.com, you got to check that out if you haven't yet... :thumbup:....Who knows,next year Vdawgee destination ride ?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Maybe your knowledgeable contact can explain why items #1 and #2 have the same part numbers from 2002-2009.

57110-45D02 for #1
57100-42F00 for #2

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heated Grip Daily Newz' :)

Well sir,will do as this is per Suzuki zone rep and him stating this. I've got a later housing and will be trying in the future to physically see if true.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
I'll look forward to the result. I know there was a change to the later model DL650 throttle tube starting in 2007 but all the DL1000 throttle tubes seem to be identical. The DL650 before 2007 had the same throttle tube as the DL1000.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts