StromTrooper banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After purchasing the Dual Star Grip Heating Elements almost a year ago, I've finally gotten around to putting them on. The heater elements went on without a hitch, but when I tried to put the switch in the right handle bar control housing, there wasn't enough room, nor was there an easy way to place it where the "euro switch" blank is because of the way it's fit into the housing. Photo of blank included.

I saw the switch placed there in a thread "Heated Hand Grips on the Cheap" posted 10-02-2009 by snoop. Great, very clean, professional looking installation. Would love to have my switch in the same place. BTW, where did the photos go of his install?

Question: Has anyone installed any switches there, and if so, what and how did you do it, and where did you get the switch? Photos would be a bonus. Thanks.

PS. Sent snoop a message and am awaiting a reply, but thought I'd follow up with a post too.

Attachments

·
Registered
450 Posts
That looks really good. I used a marine-grade lighted rocker switch and mounted it on Richland Rich's shelf panel.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I use Hot Grips heated grips and have the switch mounted on the left-side flat panel that extends rearward from the dash.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts