StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Install a flush mount connector on left side of bike, all the wiring is internal. When you get on bike extend the cord out of Jacket and plug in. When you get off bike unplug it, if you forget to unplug it, it will unplug itself with a bit of a pull, no damage.

I have a second plug-in for my permanent gopro power.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cord

Install a flush mount connector on left side of bike, all the wiring is internal. When you get on bike extend the cord out of Jacket and plug in. When you get off bike unplug it, if you forget to unplug it, it will unplug itself with a bit of a pull, no damage.

Thanks that's a great idea

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
plug

Thanks Bugzy for the flush mount plug idea ,Did it the other day works great ,much better than having the cord hanging out . Cheers Al

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
I had a flush mount plug on the Wee and a cord coming from under the seat on the Glee. I much preferred the latter. Walking away from the bike or having the bike walk away from me will just unplug the heated gear. Having a fixed connection point can have the wire pulling at an angle and causing damage. When not in use, the wire is stowed under the seat.

·
Registered
378 Posts
if you are still looking for ideas, in my DIY garage I fabricated a farkle bar to span from mirror to mirror (took out the mirrors, bolted in my bar, remounted the mirrors outboard a bit further) and on the bar I have 4 plugs. Wiring comes up from under the front of the gas tank to these plugs. I plug my heated gear and other items in there with extensions across my tank bag. I can have electrics into the tankbag that way too. I have earbuds to my gps whch is up by the speedo, so I always reach up there to unplug before getting off anyhow. If I forget to unplug before getting off, the extension gives me adequate slack. And if I need to stand on the pegs, the extensions give me slack then too. For me, outta sight is outta mind, so I like keeping my electrics in front of me, in sight.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,163 Posts
I have my controller on the tank or the tank bag. I tried having it exit where the seat hits the gas tank. I tried the behind the leg thing and didn't like that.

Great Gack, Yaris, I thought my dash was ugly. You have my my undying sympathy for your taste and sensibilities.

·
Registered
193 Posts
if you are still looking for ideas, in my DIY garage I fabricated a farkle bar to span from mirror to mirror (took out the mirrors, bolted in my bar, remounted the mirrors outboard a bit further) and on the bar I have 4 plugs. Wiring comes up from under the front of the gas tank to these plugs. I plug my heated gear and other items in there with extensions across my tank bag. I can have electrics into the tankbag that way too. I have earbuds to my gps whch is up by the speedo, so I always reach up there to unplug before getting off anyhow. If I forget to unplug before getting off, the extension gives me adequate slack. And if I need to stand on the pegs, the extensions give me slack then too. For me, outta sight is outta mind, so I like keeping my electrics in front of me, in sight.

:jawdrop:

That setup looks like you're ready for a filming of Mad Max or running from zombies. I approve!

·
Super Moderator
16,867 Posts
Yaz1.......do you also own a KLR or had one in the past? Lol
First bike I have ever seen, which I would be afraid to actually ride......kudos to you. There is nothing out of sight on your bike, you should say everything is within sight. :)

·
Registered
402 Posts
Good God, man! Only on a Strom...:confused:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
That's nothing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts