StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I stripped my 07 dl1000. But just side covers and tank. Pressure washed and reassembled. Now when riding the “check” is constantly on and the heat bars is full. Is there a sensor that is can check. Tank you

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Pressure washing is one of the worst things you can do to a bike. Now you see why. You'll have to unplug all your connectors and dry them out with a hair dryer or let them air dry for a few days. Then apply dielectric grease to the surfaces of the connectors where they butt together so the terminals inside them are sealed and protected from future exposure to water. Then cross your fingers and turn on the ignition.

Good luck,
Glenn

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Also, as I recall the full heat bars is part of the "check" warning to get your attention and is not necessarily related to overheating or a specific sensor.

Once you get it all dried out, if the check doesn't resolve you can try getting the fault codes from the ECU with "dealer mode".

·
Registered
495 Posts
Likely main connection in fairing. Dry it out, grease it up. Should be GTG.
CHEC - on display

·
Administrator
6,665 Posts
You must ensure that all of that moisture on all electrical connectors is dried off otherwise this will come back to haunt you in the months/years ahead. Pull all the plugs and spray with electroclean or similar. Dielectric grease is also a good idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts