Strom Trooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
No experience with the Healtech, just a question about it.
Does it do more than using the onboard diagnostic?
I have the dealer switch permanently installed on both my bikes, bike starts acting up I just lift seat and click the switch and then look up code on my iPhone.
Not trying too redirect your post, just wondering if you can do the same with a jumper in the diagnostic port?
Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
I have the Healtech OBD-S01 and have used it several times.

Yes the Healtech does more than just read the error codes. It monitors and records many of the data streams from the ECU and ABS module. Most importantly it will perform some of the maintenance procedures such as the ISC lockout and the ISC learned position reset which are required for the throttle body sync procedure on the 2014+ DL1000 (among others). It can also force actuate things like the exhaust valve, secondary throttle valves, EVAP purge, cooling fan relay, etc. However, the one thing it doesn't currently do that I really wish it would is actuate the ABS pump.

I've also heard rumors that Healtech is working on refreshing their product line. No idea what that means or when any new products will be available...

For me the local dealerships were quoting pretty much the same price to do the throttle body sync as it cost to buy the Healtech tool and do it myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts