StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just thought I'd pass this along Bike Bandit has some kind of promo deal going on and I just scored an OEM centerstand for $231.50 shipped:thumbup:

·
Registered
15,540 Posts
Seems that's a fair price for a center stand. Buddy had to replace the broken stand on his Stelvio and it was about that price.
Too bad they don't come stock on bikes like they used to. Yeah, and Spoke wheels too!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey just thought I'd pass this along Bike Bandit has some kind of promo deal going on and I just scored an OEM centerstand for $231.50 shipped:thumbup:
Do you have links? Bikebandit shows $272.20 for the OEM centerstand and $243.95 for the aftermarket moose racing centerstand.

Also,this item is not in stock and is back-ordered.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Muahaha I got it for $190 ish with shipping. Oddly enough I couldn't get the site to work with Google Chrome, had to switch to Firefox. Still trying to find the 12volt adapter on the site for the bike.

Edit: I'm an idiot, ordered the wrong stand. Doh! Got the order cancelled, but now I've missed the sale :-(

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have links? Bikebandit shows $272.20 for the OEM centerstand and $243.95 for the aftermarket moose racing centerstand.

Also,this item is not in stock and is back-ordered.
The final discount didn't show until I got in to the checkout process.

The OEM stuff they sell is always out of stock and back ordered because they don't stock OEM parts. I've ordered a bunch of OEM stuff from them and it doesn't usually take more than a week or so to get it. That's also why they have a restocking fee for OEM stuff and not aftermarket. If you look at the FAQ page on their site they explain that stuff.

·
Registered
635 Posts
You're welcome:yesnod: I won't be home till Friday hopefully mine makes it by then.
This has been one of the last bigger ticket items I wanted for the bike. I've had a floor stand and spools for parking in the garage and maintenance, but it only works in the garage. Looking forward to having one with me all the time.

It seems everyone agrees the OEM stand is the best and most sturdy, but very pricey.

This deal put it within about $20 of the SW Motech stand (assuming free shipping), so I couldn't resist.

Great deal on the cowling too and any other of the pricier OEM stuff.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My stand got here on the 10th but I was away on a work trip till the 13th.

Put it on this morning NIIIICE:thumbup:

I will say it's good quality and a pretty easy install in under 20 minutes. However, the springs were a fookin bear to get on.

Happy Happy Happy:hurray:

·
Registered
514 Posts
I ordered the OEM lower cowling and the OEM center stand. I installed the lower cowling the other day and it looks good but not the quality I would expect for the price. I'm going to have the center stand put on later this week because I've heard from other people the springs are a PITA.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm going to have the center stand put on later this week because I've heard from other people the springs are a PITA.
You should give it a shot before you pay to get it done. I bolted mine up then propped it up with a block. I then used a pair of needle nose vice grips to lever it on using the stand cross bar. It did scratch the paint on the stand doing it that way, but a shot of touch up paint and it's all good.

·
Registered
514 Posts
How are the directions? The directions for the lower cowling can be difficult to follow and I'm hoping the directions for the center stand aren't that bad. I may give it a try tomorrow if I see fit. I was going to have the center stand, Throttlemeisters and lowering links put on...still undecided about the links though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ordered the OEM lower cowling and the OEM center stand. I installed the lower cowling the other day and it looks good but not the quality I would expect for the price. I'm going to have the center stand put on later this week because I've heard from other people the springs are a PITA.
I did it this way, worked like a damn!:thumbup:

Centerstand spring installation without pain!!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
How are the directions? The directions for the lower cowling can be difficult to follow and I'm hoping the directions for the center stand aren't that bad. I may give it a try tomorrow if I see fit. I was going to have the center stand, Throttlemeisters and lowering links put on...still undecided about the links though.
The throttlemeister and lowering link are simple, unless you can't turn a wrench... (Remove stock part, put on new piece. The center stand I have no experience with, but don't think the center stand and lowering links will work together, if you search that is the general consensus here.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The instructions are fine. The tip I wuld give you is to match up the bolts with the pics on the instruction sheet first.

I did it this way, worked like a damn!:thumbup:

Centerstand spring installation without pain!!!
That is an awesome idea, thanks for digging that up:hurray:

·
Registered
635 Posts
I just installed the OEM center stand that I got for $231, shipped to my door, thanks to this forum thread.

Installation was easy, but I agree with the correct bolt ID before hand. I thought I had the bolts identified and figured out, but when I went to put the second bracket on, realized I had them mixed up. The two longer silver bolts go on the right and the two shorter black bolts go on the left. That's after you get the G and L sorted out from the rest.

I used the cord/string method listed on this forum for the springs and it worked well, after a bit off trial and error. Even though this video is for the Murph kit, it shows the same basics and the string/spring thing in action. It was most helpful for me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUPK2iJOp0I&feature=feedu

The new OEM center stand is awesome, much like the one on my old BMW K1100RS. Nice and solid. I got to fill my tank up full and level today, I'll have see how many more miles per tank that is.

Sitting pretty...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts