StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Evolving Curmudgeon
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out why it's necessary to buy the plug-n-play headlite cut-out switches from Eastern Beaver. Why can't we just cut the ground or hot-lead to a low beam or high beam and run the leads thru a simple switch?

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
I'm trying to figure out why it's necessary to buy the plug-n-play headlite cut-out switches from Eastern Beaver. Why can't we just cut the ground or hot-lead to a low beam or high beam and run the leads thru a simple switch?
You can. Eastern Beaver is simply offering you a plug and play version of what you wish to make. The difference is they don't cut any wires. You plug the headlight into a harness that then connects to the light bulb. All for $14. Then if you want a bar switch that looks factory they will throw that in for a total of $39. But no, there is zero reason why you can't just cut the ground wire and run your own switch. They just offer a nice kit with quality sockets, wires and switches.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Make sure the switch can handle the current. Also it doesn't work to cut the ground wire. The little electrons seek ground in series through the other headlight filaments and you wind up with ultra dim lights instead of one full and one out. I wouldn't cut a light at night so just cut the low beam for use during the day. It allows full use of flash to pass lighting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts