StromTrooper banner

Headlights

1837 Views 10 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  OydnaR
With what frequency if any do you have to replace your headlights? I find myself with my 2003 having to change at least 1 every 6-8 months. It alternates between sides and quality of bulb has no effect. I've owned it since mid 2008 with no other electrical or signal bulb problems.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Living the Stereotype
11,551 Posts
4-1/4 years, 56,000 miles, multiple gravity events, bumpy roads and they still work. If it was a single-headlight bike, one might be more inclined to pre-emptively replace the bulb and to keep the original as a backup.

It's very unlikely that both bulbs would fail on the same night.

There may be a high-voltage issue with your charging system causing premature failure or maybe excessive vibration from loose fasteners.

· Registered
522 Posts
With what frequency if any do you have to replace your headlights? I find myself with my 2003 having to change at least 1 every 6-8 months. It alternates between sides and quality of bulb has no effect. I've owned it since mid 2008 with no other electrical or signal bulb problems.
If you are using the brighter style halogen bulbs they won't last as long as the stardard duty halogens. Those brighter models burn the element at a higher temp and therefor don't last very long.

My Vee still has its original bulbs and it's an '07.

· FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,702 Posts
The lamps that come with the bike are some of the longest lasting out there. At over $40 each, they better be.

· FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,702 Posts
The headlights are individually adjustable horizontally and vertically. The four adjusters look like hex heads in the middle of beer bottle caps. In fact. some people put bottle caps on their adjusters to be able to do the adjustments without tools.

· Registered
1,023 Posts
Mine is a 2007 purchased new. I'm still on the orginal headlights. No problems at all in 4 years.

· Registered
12,486 Posts
used to be that motorcycle specific H-4s were packaged individually and had stronger anti-vibration filiments than the similar twin pac "car" product that otherwise appear identical

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.