StromTrooper banner

Headlights Out Was Not Start Switch

Tags
headlights
1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  greywolf 
#1 ·
Lost both beams on both lights on my wife's newly acquired 06 Wee. Having no service manual yet looked here and learned about the common start switch issue. Took the switch apart. Cleaned, tested and reassembled which was quite a puzzle. Found there was power there. Found a diagram online but I didn't post it because I am not sure about the copyrights. In any case the headlight fuses are past all switches which I should have figured out since there is two of them. Found voltage to both. Only one connector between those and the lights on the backside of the radiator and of course it was the ground in that connector since it took out both lights. So I would start by checking power at the fuses first if you have the same problem. I will be ordering the eastern beaver headlight relays for both of our bikes which would have prevented the problem I am sure.

#2 ·
Yes, the EB is a great system, however I lost my low beams recently and am EB equipped. Turns out is was the relay on the EB harness. There are two, one for high beam and one for low, so you might want to order an extra relay to carry as a spare.

#4 ·
Make sure the connectors are pointing down. Do that and you're likely never to have a problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.