StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend has a 2009 650 and I have a 2012 650. He has a problem where his headlights will not come on, either hi or lo beam. He does not have a manual. I have the manual for my 2012 650 Adventurer. My question is, does anyone know if there is much difference in the headlight wiring circuitry between a 2009 and 2012? I was going to try and use my manual as a guide to troubleshoot his problem but was unsure if there were major changes between the years. I know it went from wee to glee but not sure of headlight circuitry. TIA

·
Registered
551 Posts
I have a 2011 so can'tt specifically answer your question. However, there have been a few threads about headlight issues on the earlier bikes. I'd suggest starting with the starter switch assembly as when the starter button is presses it will momentarily turn off the headlights. This assembly is prone to causing issues since it really wasn't (per common thought) designed to switch that much current of the headlights. Of course, it could be a fuse ...........

Good luck....early on I decided to go ahead and splurge on one of the Eastern Beaver headlight relay kits that take the heave switching current off the switch and uses a relay.

Rick

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts