StromTrooper banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a 23" (large) Cal-sci windshield on my Wee. I use the Madstad bracket (middle position with the windshield down, but tilted back about 1/2 way. As far as buffeting goes it works fine (I just got back from a camping trip to the Steens Mountain area in SE Oregon this weekend, about a 1000 mile trip through high desert over the weekend).

My question is that I notice a reflection of the headlights in the lower section of the windshield because the windshield extends beyond the headlights. This can be a bit disconcerting when riding at night and can affect night vision a bit. Has anyone else experienced this with a large aftermarket windshield and what, if anything, did you do about it? I was thinking of painting the lower section with flat black paint on the riders side of the shield. I could remove the Madstad bracket and go back to the stock mount, but this works well except for the reflection issue.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Fixing headlight reflection on windshield

Had the same problem. I took black plastic from a plant nursery growing container and made a shield that fits under the windshield and blocks the reflection. The shield attaches to the two fairing attachment screws at the upper outside region beneath the windshield. The shield extends back toward the rider a bit and actually provides a bit of shade for the instrument cluster. I'll look around for a photo and post it next. Right now the bike is waiting for me in Texas due to an encounter with a suicidal deer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts