StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Has anyone installed an headlight (or taillight) modulator on their bike?

If so, please share. I would like to install them over the winter but do not know which model.

D

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Hey,

Has anyone installed an headlight (or taillight) modulator on their bike?

If so, please share. I would like to install them over the winter but do not know which model.

D

Welcome to the forum!

There's a good search function, top right. Will give you lots of info:

Headlight Modulator

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
The biggest decider if you are planning to upgrade headlights to LEDs or not; they require special modulators. Similarly brake modulators designed for LED will flash too fast for incandescents to give meaningful light.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
I have the Back Off brake light modulator but it's been suggested that a flashing headlight could be mistaken for a "go ahead" signal which is contrary to safety.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I have the Back Off brake light modulator but it's been suggested that a flashing headlight could be mistaken for a "go ahead" signal which is contrary to safety.
I've used Back Off modulator a decade ago and they had issue of not flashing when load not sufficient (LED taillight) not sure it is still an issue. Lately had been using $7.46 no-name from Amazon which gives 4 fast blinks, 4 slow and then solid, but fast flash is not long enough for incandescents to give good light. Not a problem for me as I switched to LEDs. LED get to full power instantly and conventional take extra 0.2sec. That is 18' at 60mph for car behind you.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I installed a Kisan Headlight Modulator, Model# P115WD a year ago. Easy plug and play installation. It has made a huge difference in front visibility. In fact, I was so impressed, I bought one for my BMW R1200RT and now both my bikes have them. I don't think I'll ever do without a modulator again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts