StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not wanting to debate whether you like/dislike headlight modulators (personally I'm a huge fan), rather I'm simply wanting to know how easy/difficult is installation (specifically of the Diamond Star) on the Strom and what, if any, use issues you've experienced (either 650 or 1000). Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
52 Posts
No worries...no debate. ;)

I don't have the Diamond Star...I have the Kisan PathBlazer Dual unit.
I bought it at www.ridesafer.com
Clicky Here

Easy! Cheesy! Unplug headlight bulbs from wiring...put pathblazers between wiring and bulbs...connect Master to Slave (no whips required)...connect sensor to master. Done.

Note: Don't connect the sensor to the slave unit...then bridge. No Worky-Worky. ;) You can figure out how I know. 8)

hardest part was figuring out where I wanted the sensor. And I'm still working on that. Right now it's zip-tied to a cable run.

Sorry that I can't help with the Diamond Star unit. I'm all about not messing with any more wiring than I have to. ;)

<---lazy guy.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Corpsie said:
What does a headlight modulator do?
The simplest way to explain it is:

It makes your headlights flash. The path blazer model that I have flashes the high beam at a specific rate when the sun is shining.

All headlight modulators are required by law to have a sensor which will prevent the modulation when it gets dark so that you have full access to your high/low beam at night.

That's roughly what it looks like. I snatched that image from RideSafer. They have pretty good prices, and I've always been impressed with their service.

<--- has a modulator on his and her bikes. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts