StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am looking for some advice on a headlight guard. I commute on the highway sometimes (495 in MA), and know it is only a matter of time before I get a rock to the headlight. I am familiar with the Ventura product, and the Light Saver headlight guard (Twisted Throttle). Does anyone have experience with either of these (or another product)?

:confused:

-Dan

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have no protection for my lights. I never had on any of my bikes. Can anyone tell me a story about getting hit in the lights and is this something I have just be to niave about? Or, is this an uncommon experience.

Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have no protection for my lights. I never had on any of my bikes. Can anyone tell me a story about getting hit in the lights and is this something I have just be to niave about? Or, is this an uncommon experience.

Thanks.
I haven't had a problem with the bike, and have only been riding regularly for a couple of months now. I am probably over-thinking it to feed my farkle addiction. :bom_sick2:

I have, however, had to replace multiple windshields in cages. Seems like every 5 years or so (of daily commuting on the highway), a rock bounces up off a dump truck and hits the windshield.

The headlight assembly on my wee looks expensive to replace. It is plastic, and probably more resilient than a windshield, so maybe my worry is misplaced.

Thanks to everyone who has responded.

-Dan

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have the Ventura. Good cover, however replace the OEM mounting Velcro with some heavy duty industrial Velcro (Walmart). I've had mine shake lose. With better Velcro no issues.

·
Registered
42 Posts
As mentioned a couple of times already....the Ventura guard is nice....it's stylish, blends right in with the front end, it's hard to tell it's there. As Truax said also...use stronger velcro tabs, and add a couple more of the rubber bumper thingies to prevent rubbing and scratching.

·
Registered
184 Posts
OK clearly my trust in fate might be a bit too unrelealistic and perhaps potentially expensive. I do not want to learn "the hard way."

Thanks for the info guys. I will keep an eye on this thread to see what everyone is using/works best.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of the Ventura headlight guard or have a link?
Their company site doesn't show the product (unless I'm looking in the wrong place).

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
My healight is actually cracked in the corners of both lenses.. I think I must have hit a bird.

·
Registered
273 Posts
+1 for the Ventura and +1 for installing with better Velcro than comes with the guard. 25,000 km with no issues, plus it has taken at least one decent hit by a rock that may well have damaged the headlight lens.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts