StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me...Badtraindriver, Firedog45 and Jester, are all going to be making our trip from OHIO to Maine. We will be leaving June 20th, and making a 7 day trip. We are looking for a good place to stay south of Portland, not looking "at this time" like we will be going very far north into Maine. We will be spending some pretty good quality time in NY, but are also looking for some great roads and sites to see on our way to Maine. Would love to hook up with any troopers along the way, always enjoy the opportunity for meeting some troopers.

Brian

·
Registered
708 Posts
well when you get central ny way (syracuse-utica) i can show you a few stretches of roads with some decent twisties, just give me an idea in advance when you might be thru so i can try to adjust my schedule bid, i usually go for weekends off so if you can come thru on a weekend that would be awesome

depending on whats going on at my house then might even be able to put a couple of you up in a spare room as long as you don't mind bunkbeds lol or camp out on side lawn

here's a link with some of the roads, i'm right on the fingerlakes/adirondack line and have submitted a few of the roads myself

·
Super Moderator
16,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds awesome.......I believe we are planning on staying in Utica Saturday night the 20th, but we are pretty flexible at this point. Thanks for the link....I will be checking that out for sure. Would love to try and meet up with you, I'll keep you updated on how our plans progress.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Vt/ NH.

Brian, when you get to utica give me a pm as to your agenda and I'll be glad to take you guys thru Vermont And over to the White Mtn. State ...Need a day or so notice is all...:D

·
Super Moderator
16,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses so far.....really looking forward to this trip. When the trip gets closer, I'll send out some PM's with my cell number.

Brian

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Thanks for the responses so far.....really looking forward to this trip. When the trip gets closer, I'll send out some PM's with my cell number.
Hoboy....the best parts of Maine to ride are the western mountains and the mid-coast up to Canada. I'd pass on Portland via motorcycle, although it's a pretty cool city. If you're coming this far east, you want to catch the best of the area.

If there's any way to make it to Bar Harbor, you should.

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
If you decide to ride either RTE !00 or the Gaps in Vermont you're likely going to pass my home...depends what day i might try to ride along a bit.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
I'm off of I-88 around Cobleskill, the 20th I'm booked but the next day looks good. I have some extra room or a tent area near a great pond. Your welcome if the timing is right. The photographs of Maine make me wish I could do a trip like that.

·
Registered
708 Posts
not sure what kind of riding you guys like or if you'll even be up for fun riding after the haul from columbus to here or before you leave for your next stop

but if you like some scenery and twisties, i was thinking of leading ya'll along this route

runs from my house, up past the lake/beach thru some forested twisties to the salmon river falls (some of the highest falls in the north east supposedly) then a short hop to a friends bar for dinner(lunch if next day) then a good stretch of twisties, then head back to house (or back to the slab for the continuation of your trip)

·
0 Posts
We've got plans to ride in the Mountains all day Sunday, then spending Sunday night in Vermont...but far west Vermont across the lake from New York.

Do you have any good routes through the Adirondacks?

Or, maybe we could do A,B,C, and D, then head East through the Mountains.

Our palns are not solid though...

BTD.

·
Registered
708 Posts
thats possible, take the route into boonville, then up 28 to old forge and i think there's routes east from there towards vt, you heading towards burlington area? just google map directions from old forge to wherever in vt you're next stop is and drag/drop to hit any particular roads you want

looks like burlington is just shy of 4 hours from old forge, rutland is just over 3 hours

·
Super Moderator
16,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mod2_gunsmilie:

·
0 Posts
Heading towards Middlebury VT for Sunday nights lodging, and we'd LOVE to have you be our guide for whatever amount of time you can on Sunday!!!

BTD.

·
Registered
708 Posts
looks like middlebury is just about 3.5 hours from old forge along what look like interesting roads, i could take you as far as old forge or blue mountain lake area depending on the weather

unfortunately, the forecast (which is fairly unreliable this far out) is looking like the weather might not be so hot over the weekend, but we'll figure something out

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
We've got plans to ride in the Mountains all day Sunday, then spending Sunday night in Vermont...but far west Vermont across the lake from New York.

Do you have any good routes through the Adirondacks?

Or, maybe we could do A,B,C, and D, then head East through the Mountains.

Our palns are not solid though...

BTD.
If your coming east thru the mountains of N.Y. , leave Utica , Take Rt 12 to Rt 28,28 to Blue Mtn Lake, 28N & 30[north] to Long lake, take 28N to Rt 84, Blue ridge rd., follow 84 to North Hudson, take US9N, north to County RT4 [called Ensign Pond rd, Its Loads of fun] to Windy Hill rd. aka CRT 42 which leads into Port Henry. follow Rt9N/22 south to 903[ bridge Rd.] & the Crown Point Bridge turn and cross into Vermont right on Rt. 125 and that takes you into Middlebury :eek: :cheers2: :mod2_scooter:

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
If your coming east thru the mountains of N.Y. , leave Utica , Take Rt 12 to Rt 28,28 to Blue Mtn Lake, 28N & 30[north] to Long lake, take 28N to Rt 84, Blue ridge rd., follow 84 to North Hudson, take US9N, north to County RT4 [called Ensign Pond rd, Its Loads of fun] to Windy Hill rd. aka CRT 42 which leads into Port Henry. follow Rt9N/22 south to 903[ bridge Rd.] & the Crown Point Bridge turn and cross into Vermont right on Rt. 125 and that takes you into Middlebury :eek: :cheers2: :mod2_scooter:
Jack, are you going to join in any of the fun?

·
Registered
708 Posts
How's Illion Gorge ?, have they resurfaced it yet or is it still all tar snaked
dunno, honestly never been there because of its previous condition and the fact that everyone that's done it recently complains about all the cagers

we could make a quick run up the falls road right be me when you guys get in on sat, and then take the other one i was talking about north to get you into the adirondacks, all together should be better than the gorge road

·
Registered
21,984 Posts
dunno, honestly never been there because of its previous condition and the fact that everyone that's done it recently complains about all the cagers

we could make a quick run up the falls road right be me when you guys get in on sat, and then take the other one i was talking about north to get you into the adirondacks, all together should be better than the gorge road
I've been there twice, first time several years ago, it was perfect, no traffic....

second time was last labor day weekend, it was tar snaked but still no traffic except a small group of sportbikes headed south from Illion village limits

I am hearing rumors that Tracy Road and Ensign Pond Road and surrounding area are attracting more hooligans and with them, more leos

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts