StromTrooper banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:hurray: Hi Everyone, I am in the planning stage with a couple of fellow Stromtrooper friends for either a ride from the West Coast up to Vancouver and across Canada to Halifax.

+ - 7 days either way of August 25th, 2012 when my buddies daughter will be landing in Halifax.

We are thinking of it in two ways:

1) Shipping the bikes to Halifax to be there and ride back to the west coast,

2) Riding to Halifax and shipping the bikes back.

What I am wondering is if any of you Stromtroopers in Halifax or close in area have a business or site that bikes could be shipped to or from by a commercial carrier?

Anyone out there with a business or acreage site or an appropriate location that might like to help out and meet some interesting Stromtroopers let me know,

Email me Directly at [email protected] and we can talk about all the details,

BTW: I have it on good authority that there some super sight to see in the Maritimes of Canada and over on Newfoundland and Labrador,

Thanks to all in advance for any input, advice, suggestions or help,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
I am no help but If your USA I bet its much cheaper not to ship across the border. Take the ferry to Bar Harbor very pretty and say hi to what's his face ;)

·
Registered
759 Posts
I am of no help other than to say I've done a bit of research on Halifax and traveling to/from via my Wee. I will make the trip one day, the entire area looks epic. Best of luck, take lots of photos.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I may be able to help. i am about an hour from the airport.... But i am not sure where i will be then, house is for sale. If no one else has a more sure bet, i know I can help if only to find someone else. I am not a V-strom guy as of yet (I do have a klr though) and by then i hope a Vee of my own too.

This will be interesting
gord

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts
Shipping across the border can add time/frustration as it involves government agencies aka customs. I shipped to Bangor, Me (to a Suzuki dealer) and rode to Nova Scotia. Or take the ferry.
The riding in Nova Scotia is as good as anywhere and better than most. Winding roads with little traffic though they can be a little rough. Check out the South Shore, the French Shore and Cape Breton.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well I am not in Halifax,but in North Sydney,Cape Breton.If you guys are down this way let me know and the coffee is on me.Good luck and I think that you should have no problem finding a place for the bikes,and if not well if I can help let me know.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Above posters are right - you will definitely want to ship to or from New England and ride your bikes across the border. It will save you significant money, as well as reams of paperwork.

ps I have done both the Maritimes area and cross Canada in the cage. You'll have an awesome trip either way.

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Guys, I am super experienced with shipping across the border, both with parts and with bikes. Our group ships our bikes internationally regularly for adventure rides, so no problems there.

Anyway, just to clarify, This not about how to ship a bike, we will be riding up to Vancouver Canada and back from Vancouver Canada. Getting a bike from there to Halifax or back is not tough,

What I am looking for is to make contact with some Stromtroopers in Halifax that are familiar with the local area, and / or may have or know of someone or a business with an acreage or site, or area big enough to help us out by being able to either receive or act as a pickup or drop off point for a shipper.

I will work out the arrangements as it all unfolds. It will be fun and worthwhile to all,

SV Racing Parts has shipped parts to Stromtroopers out in the Halifax area a number of times so I am sure we have some brother and sister riders out there that can help make contact with the right party.

Thanks to all,

Blair

·
Registered
965 Posts
I may be able to help if I get back to my house in time. I live in Victoria BC right now, but am expecting a transfer back East early this summer. I have a house on a couple acres in Cole Harbour. 20 mins from the airport and 15 from downtown Halifax.

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Excellent News. That would be unbelievably superb, Email me directly if you like tomorrow with a good contact phone number for you and I will give you a quick call to discuss trip we are thinking of,

You will be moving back from one drop dead gorgeous end of Canada to the other drop dead gorgeous end of Canada,

Blair

·
Registered
965 Posts
Blair,
I sent you a PM. If I get back to Halifax in time I'll do what I can. If for some reason I don't, I know enough people there that would also assist.

Keep in touch, and I'll let you know when I get my Posting message.

cheers,

Ken

1 - 11 of 11 Posts