StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me a buddy are headed to the Outer Banks and then going to go into Va. and pick up the top of the BRP and come home all the way on the BRP. Just wondering if anyone else has done this loop or even just the Outer Banks and back. If U have what route did U take and how much was the ferry to the banks and so on and so on. Any info would be nice.

RR

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts
Outer Banks is a real treat!

Hi. I rode North Carolina's Outer Banks last October, and enjoyed it a lot.

If you are doing the ride south to north, you will be going the way I went. Two miles before the ferry is a fine place to get refreshments and snacks. Mainland prices are much less than shipboard prices.

I took the ferry onto the west end of Ocracoke Island for ten bucks; that's a two-hour ride. I took the free ferry off the east end of Ocracoke Island; that's a half-hour ride. Bring a tie-down or two. My crossing was mild, but yours may be stormy. You are near Cape Hatteras, renowned for waves and rough weather.

Roads and scenery were excellent, and the nasty drivers were somewhere else.

I do not know what you mean by BRP. (Later) ok, Blue Ridge Parkway, I got it.

I was headed to Williamsburg VA, and took I-64 through a mega-city. Coming home, I mean south from Williamsburg, I took the ferry to Scotland VA, and that put me in the countryside at once.

There is a souvenir store on the east side of the highway, about half way from Hatteras to the bridge to the mainland. I got a lovely towel with lighthouses on it, and it's a great memento of the trip.

Enjoy your ride. On a strom, you have absolutely no choice!

Keith

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keith did U camp or hotel? If U camped did U do it around the OBX or somewhere else? Thanks for the info. Was U by yourself is the ferry $10 per vechicle even if two bikes take up one space? Dont guess it matters b/c we will be taking it regardless. Hoping to have an excellent time.

RR

1 - 4 of 4 Posts