StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are attending a conference in Houston this coming week and will have Thursday until Sunday midday free to explore the area. We will have a rental car. We have no idea as to what to do other than we are not really into the traditional tourist things - wife is not a big fan of museums, loves to see the animals (her favorite thing to do is swim with the manatees). Thoughts/suggestions? Restaurants/shops/just interesting places to see. We really prefer the local places. I wanted to go to the coast but we are open to anything.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I grew up in Houston and would suggest getting as far away as possible. But anyway Moody gardens in Galveston is a pretty neat place to check out.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
My wife and I are attending a conference in Houston this coming week and will have Thursday until Sunday midday free to explore the area.
My condolences. The only thing I'm aware of that's worthwhile down that way is redfish hunting in the marsh.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
At least you'll be there when the temerature and humidy numbers combined will equal less than 199.

My apologies to Houstonians.

Galveston was a nice ride when I was there last year.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just leaving Houston today. Been here for a week at a conference until Thursday and then headed out sightseeing around the area. Enjoyed the Ocean Star off-shore oil well drilling museum in Galveston as well as breakfast at SunFlower Bakery - crab cakes and poached eggs was awesome! Best meal by far was at III Forks in downtown Houston - crazy to say but the house salad was incredible. Beef was the best we had had in a long time. Also the most expensive meal we had. Overall we were impressed with how clean such a large and populated area Houston is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts