StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the other day my hazard signals don't appear to be working. Turn signals are OK, so I'm thinking something with the switch.

Any common things I should look for?

·
Registered
463 Posts
If the turn signals work but the hazards don't, then I would start with the contacts within the handlebar cluster. That's the only place where the hazards and turn signals don't share the same wiring/relays/light bulbs and whatnot. (Or do they diverge as well in the contact switch, to allow you to use the hazards in Park?)

Has the bike been exposed to a lot of rain lately? The hazards switch is a lot more exposed than the turn signal switch.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has the bike been exposed to a lot of rain lately? The hazards switch is a lot more exposed than the turn signal switch.
In fact, yes. I ended up caught up in a major storm about a month ago and rode in downpour conditions for about 2 hours.

I'll check the contacts.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mine sometimes does this. I've found toggling tge switch a few tines then riding with the hazards turned on eventually brings them back to life. I've previously taken the left hand switch apart expecting corrosion or something but found nothing in there (still sprayed contact cleaner on there whilst I had it apart).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts