StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Adventure Traveler
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure why Suzuki decided not to have hazard light on the USA version of the 2017 & 2018 DL650As. I believe elsewhere in the world they are still standard.

I occasionally have the need to use hazard lights. In heavy rain, in moderate fog, in construction zones, etc.

Is there an option of adding them to the Wee3? Is sufficient electrics available on stock to add a hazard switch?

·
#motoref
224 Posts
While I don't think you should be riding in the rain with hazards on (if you think you need, them park - and it's illegal in some states)

I do... when working bicycle races ... need them, so I modified my bike. It's SUPER simple to make them work.

You need to find the non-ground wire going to each turn signal (right and left). Splice a wire in between them - with a switch. Turn the switch on, turn your turn signal on ... and they all flash.

It's a little ghetto - but it does work (I did mine under the seat, but if you look under the beak, you can see the wires, it woudl be REALLY easy to mount a switch where you could reach it while riding. I keep saying I'm going to do that....

·
Adventure Traveler
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
While I don't think you should be riding in the rain with hazards on (if you think you need, them park - and it's illegal in some states)

You need to find the non-ground wire going to each turn signal (right and left). Splice a wire in between them - with a switch. Turn the switch on, turn your turn signal on ... and they all flash.

It's a little ghetto - but it does work (I did mine under the seat, but if you look under the beak, you can see the wires, it woudl be REALLY easy to mount a switch where you could reach it while riding. I keep saying I'm going to do that....
While my preference would be not to ride in the rain, it is not only a matter of stopping. You have to be somewhere you can safely stop or safely get off the road. Flashing hazards while stopped or slowing to get off the road lessens your chances of being run over. Same with fog.

Thanks for the technical info about a work around. Does this allow your turn signals to still work correctly?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts