StromTrooper banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Thanks Michael.

I know you are high and dry up the mountain there, but it is a hell of a long way around now for you to get to the Sydney side of the Hawkesbury. :fineprint:

Our house should be ok [unless we get a big heavy downpour in a very short time while the river is still up].

I'm going stir crazy waiting to get out for a ride, no dirt bike- as the KLR is still away at the dealer workshop, and piffing with rain all the time doesn't make for a fun time on the tar. :headbang:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep I have been riding to work in the rain for weeks now :-( We have no driveway left here just a series of washouts and a small river in the gully, I really need some nobbies on for this winter.
Your place is at about 15-16m above sea level, the predicted high for this flood is 12-13m so you should be OK...... as long as it doesnt keep raining this week !!!!
I just got back from taking some pics, this is the closed North Ric bridge at 1pm today, the water is still rising so it will be under later today.
Im riding up the putty next weekend if you want to come for a run to Singleton.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,644 Posts
I had a look at the Nepean River end of the Hawkesbury at Penrith this afternoon. The river is certainly up. (For interstaters, the Nepean River becomes the Hawkesbury around Windsor.)

Here are some pics from a couple of weeks ago and today:

Victoria Bridge:

Today from same spot (OK, a few metres back up the bank!)

Penrith Weir 3 weeks ago (12 Feb) after the previous heavy rains.

Today. Weir, what weir? The spot from where I'd taken the previous pic was about 3 metres under water.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I had a look at the Nepean River end of the Hawkesbury at Penrith this afternoon. The river is certainly up. (For interstaters, the Nepean River becomes the Hawkesbury around Windsor.)

Here are some pics from a couple of weeks ago and today:

Victoria Bridge:

Sure Ron, it's the bridge you're photographing here :biggrinjester: :green_lol:
Stay dry!

:cheers2:
BOB

·
Super Moderator
4,644 Posts
It was, Bob. :yesnod:

I was looking for some shots for the weekly Overlander forum photo comp and took this instead (it just grabbed my eye):

(Today I couldn't get to where that pic was taken as it's flooded.)

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good pic P38 ....The bridges opened today (ferries are still closed) and the sun came out for a few hours so we tried to ride to Wiseman Ferry pub for lunch.
Now there are two roads from Windsor to Wisemans Ferry, they are Cattai Rd and Cattai Ridge Road....the RTA website is wrong BOTH these roads are flooded not just Cattai Rd. We went to the first water crossing where a 4WD + horse float was coming through, we could have forded this BUT,,,,after taking a dirt loop via reedy rd to get back on Cattai Rd it has a second and much larger flood at the Cattai Park bridge soooo back thru reedy rd (dirt) to Cattai Ridge Rd. When we stopped at the Glenorie flood (Cattai Ridge Rd) there were a group of riders on the other side with maps out scratching their heads, the only way around is to head for Dural. We finally made it to the pub for lunch the day was sunny with great riding. After a top lunch we headed home via Dural - Annangrove but as we rode back up our mountain we saw rain clouds were on the horizon again !
p.s. the ferries were tied to thier pontoons, closed due to debri in the river.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,644 Posts
Good pix, ML. I should have gone for a ride whilst it was still sunny.

The Nepean was down quite a bit since yesterday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts