StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I met a guy on a red v-strom 650, he's not a trooper yet, but maybe soon. He said he had a little over 58000 on his bike with no problems and he maintained as he should, but then he said he was in the looking around for another 650, I asked as a replacement? He said "No, but sometimes you can find them with low miles for around $4200 or so and at that price I'd pick up another one for when this one wears out." I asked him when he thought his would wear out? He said He wasn't sure, but why not have another one. I mentioned that even if you found one for $4000 after you add title, tax, insurance, and the plates every year it adds up. I also mentioned for that price you should be able to replace everything that might go out on the bike he already owned and still spend a lot less. I've never heard of anything going out on a wee that cost a whole lot (like $600 or more). Anyways I thought he seemed like a great guy (he does ride a v-strom so how bad can he be) I just found this line of thinking a little strange,......sure if I could find a killer deal on another v-strom I might buy it, maybe to him that price is a killer deal, what do you think? ever tempted to have 2 of the same bike?

·
Registered
578 Posts
If I'm gonna add a bike to the stable, the next one will have a straight-4.

Can't imagine needing two 100,000+ mile bikes.................

Wish I could though. I'd love to be able to ride that much.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Makes good sense if it's a 'cult' bike, like the Pacific Coast. Wees are going to be common for awhile, so no, I don't see the point of a "spare".

Now, a cheaper, second instance of a V-Strom for a different purpose -- commuting, training, etc -- maybe. I've considered that. Not just for redundancy, though.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I have a low mile Vee but I have been wanting to try a Wee and have been searching for a salvagable wrecked bike. Wee's seem to bring a lot of money even wrecked around the Northwest.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I think your avatar is a good example of "a lot" :thumbup:
I'm with Chap :thumbup:
LOTS!

For the last few years I've had more than one bike in the garage but I've never wanted two of the same bike or even two of the same type of bike.
No new rides in my near future but eventually I'll probably add a 250cc dual sport and maybe a bit bigger scooter for commuting like a used Reflex or Majesty.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I bid on a '06 Wee with light damage but a salvage title--I went $3000, but someone else went $3200--that seemed pretty high for a bike I had only seen in photos. There are unwrecked Wee's for not much more than that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts