StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, when I updated my iTunes, I also downloaded Safari. This is Apple's web browser which they claim is the fastest.

I've used it a little today an have to say it does load pages much faster than IE on my machine. I find some pages with a lot of content, like my.yahoo.com, are really slow to load on IE. With Safari, it flies. It also has some cool features like the way it displays bookmarks and searches text.

I've only used it an hour or so, but it looks like MS may have their lunch eaten again.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Today, when I updated my iTunes, I also downloaded Safari. This is Apple's web browser which they claim is the fastest.

I've used it a little today an have to say it does load pages much faster than IE on my machine. I find some pages with a lot of content, like my.yahoo.com, are really slow to load on IE. With Safari, it flies. It also has some cool features like the way it displays bookmarks and searches text.

I've only used it an hour or so, but it looks like MS may have their lunch eaten again.
Left to my own devices, OS X is my primary OS, and Safari is my primary browser, although Firefox 3 might change that. Given a choice of browser on Windows, I lean towards Firefox. I found the type rendering on Safari 3 for Windows a little heavy for my initial tastes, but it has grown on me. At work I am forced to use Explorer 6 with XP.

The alternatives to Explorer are positively brilliant:

Mozilla Firefox
Apple Safari
Opera Browser

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I'm a firefox nut. With the plugins its just so great! I particularly like Mouse Gestures and Coolaris Previews. I'm actually writing this in a coolaris windows.

-GW

1 - 3 of 3 Posts