StromTrooper banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Mark444444,

Ive had self stick Velcro adhesive soften in the heat of summer enough to release from the item it was attached to. The first time it was industrial strength Velcro stuck to a Chatterbox communicator. The Velcro on the helmet did not soften in the heat. Chatterbox was hanging by the power and mic cables. You may want to attach a lanyard to your document pouch.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Seems ridiculous to have to use liners.
The trunks on all my cars have kept water free even in high pressure car washes.
My liners are not for water proofing. I have them because they are Cordura and have nice handles. I can grab the handles and bring my stuff inside the tent or hotel easily. I could just take the pannier off, but it gets nasty on trips. My Bumot panniers stay dry.

And now you know the rest of the story.
😎

·
Registered
113 Posts
Mark444444,

Ive had self stick Velcro adhesive soften in the heat of summer enough to release from the item it was attached to. The first time it was industrial strength Velcro stuck to a Chatterbox communicator. The Velcro on the helmet did not soften in the heat. Chatterbox was hanging by the power and mic cables. You may want to attach a lanyard to your document pouch.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
I have them because they are Cordura and have nice handles.
😎
me too, I just like the "nice handle" and it matches my boots, and I always get a discount from the motel manager :)
Luggage and bags Bag Shoulder bag Aqua Material property

·
Registered
2016 V-Strom 650 XT
10 Posts
I hate small things hanging around the bottom of my cases so I put a shure microphone bag (I do pro audio) in each of my cases. There's a small length of 3/4" aluminum inside of each one and it's rivited from the outside with RTV sealant to keep it waterproof. These will be used for things like sunglasses, multitool, tire pressure gauge, throttle stop, etc.

I also rivited a small coat hook to hang my disk and helmet locks.

So far so good, the real test will be this weekend on the trails.
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Sleeve

Outerwear Hood Product Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I hate small things hanging around the bottom of my cases so I put a shure microphone bag (I do pro audio) in each of my cases. There's a small length of 3/4" aluminum inside of each one and it's rivited from the outside with RTV sealant to keep it waterproof. These will be used for things like sunglasses, multitool, tire pressure gauge, throttle stop, etc.

I also rivited a small coat hook to hang my disk and helmet locks.

So far so good, the real test will be this weekend on the trails.
View attachment 303862
View attachment 303863
Cool - love the lock hook!

·
Registered
2016 V-Strom 650 XT
10 Posts
Cool - love the lock hook!
I think I'll put one in my top box also. When I commute I tend not to use my side cases.

Those locks will grind your other contents to bits if those panniers are not tightly stuffed I think ....
I think it will be fine. There isn't much in that case regularly. It might wear down the finish over time thought, we'll see. I'm not too worried about it.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
My Wee has side cases, like these.

I can, probably, search, and find, but, does anybody know where I can purchase black handle-straps, like these? (Photo from first message, in this thread).

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Motorcycle

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
My Wee has side cases, like these.

I can, probably, search, and find, but, does anybody know where I can purchase black handle-straps, like these? (Photo from first message, in this thread).

View attachment 303969
There was a guy making these........either here on Stromtrooper, or on ADV Rider forum??............good luck!!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
There was a guy making these........either here on Stromtrooper, or on ADV Rider forum??............good luck!!
Thanks, Mark.

I think I’ve read that, one of the well-known side case makers, makes these cases, for Suzuki, and that that company sold these straps. Not sure, though. Been a long time, since I’ve seen it discussed.

if nobody knows, maybe I’ll spend some time, searching.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts