StromTrooper banner

Have you modified your hard cases to be more useful? Hold more gear, waterproofing, loops/bottle holders, anything like that? Let's see them!

6188 Views 46 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  HokiesRWee
Like this - found on FB. Any build tips and ideas welcome.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2016 V-Strom 650 XT
15 Posts
I hate small things hanging around the bottom of my cases so I put a shure microphone bag (I do pro audio) in each of my cases. There's a small length of 3/4" aluminum inside of each one and it's rivited from the outside with RTV sealant to keep it waterproof. These will be used for things like sunglasses, multitool, tire pressure gauge, throttle stop, etc.

I also rivited a small coat hook to hang my disk and helmet locks.

So far so good, the real test will be this weekend on the trails.
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Sleeve

Outerwear Hood Product Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

· Registered
2016 V-Strom 650 XT
15 Posts
Cool - love the lock hook!
I think I'll put one in my top box also. When I commute I tend not to use my side cases.

Those locks will grind your other contents to bits if those panniers are not tightly stuffed I think ....
I think it will be fine. There isn't much in that case regularly. It might wear down the finish over time thought, we'll see. I'm not too worried about it.

· Registered
2016 V-Strom 650 XT
15 Posts
Thanks, Mark.

I think I’ve read that, one of the well-known side case makers, makes these cases, for Suzuki, and that that company sold these straps. Not sure, though. Been a long time, since I’ve seen it discussed.

if nobody knows, maybe I’ll spend some time, searching.
Here you go....https://sw-motech.com/en/products/luggage/side+cases/accessories/4052572001738.htm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts