StromTrooper banner

Have you modified your hard cases to be more useful? Hold more gear, waterproofing, loops/bottle holders, anything like that? Let's see them!

6127 46
Like this - found on FB. Any build tips and ideas welcome.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4,461 Posts
On the outside I added DOT reflective tape. The lids have a sheet of anti-slip material designed for a bathtub bottom, to keep stuff tied on more secure.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Motor vehicle

Inside I have pull out liners. I also put in a mesh bag I won at the Eastern Stromtrooper Rally to hold loose things. And mandatory stealth stickers.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Hood

· Registered
4,461 Posts
Great thoughts on what/not to bring. I meant more like clever hacks and such. Like the bathtub sticker to keep things from sliding around. 💡
Thx,

If your interested in the anti-slip stuff I found it at Grainger Supply. I used it because;
  • the stuff is tough.
  • the sheet has a peel off backing and the adhesive is designed to stick in a shower floor. It is not effected by moisture and rain hasn’t phased it.
  • since it has a backing, cutting it to shape was pretty easy.
  • the material is translucent. Whatever color your pannier is will show through.
  • relatively cheap
  • the sheet is about 20” x 45” and was enough to screw up my first piece I cut. Made 2. Still have a bit left over.

· Registered
4,461 Posts
Seems ridiculous to have to use liners.
The trunks on all my cars have kept water free even in high pressure car washes.
My liners are not for water proofing. I have them because they are Cordura and have nice handles. I can grab the handles and bring my stuff inside the tent or hotel easily. I could just take the pannier off, but it gets nasty on trips. My Bumot panniers stay dry.

And now you know the rest of the story.
😎

1 - 6 of 6 Posts