StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would appreciate it if members could share their experience installing the 2" longer brake top lines.

These are the top lines we sell so you don't have to replace the entire brake line when installing handlebar risers.

+2" Brake line Options - AdventureTech, LLC.

Please share anything helpful to those considering the kit particularly installation tips.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Like Rick said, I'm interested in hearing about them as well.

I plan on getting some this late fall when the shop is ready. There's an extensive list of things I want to get done on the '14 V2.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Rick
I installed a 2" longer brake line a couple days ago. The trick for me was to do it when I had the rad off for a valve check, it made getting at the 10mm? bolt on the hard line compression fitting a piece of cake. I attached the line and filled the MC with fluid and gently pulled the lever just a little bit so I could see micro sized air bubble rising. I had to leave it overnight for gravity to do its job and fully fill the line then in the morning I bleed the brakes as usual, I used a 1 way valve that I bought at cycle gear for 15.00.
Rick I sent you a PM

·
Registered
37 Posts
I installed my line one afternoon.Did not remove a thing except for old line and bled from top with a master cylinder banjo bleeder which took a couple of hours.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Rich, what is the recommended replacement schedule for the Gaffer and Adventuretech brake lines you sekk ? OEM is 4 years as per the manual.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I put the upper brake line on mine. The fitting above the radiator is hard to get at, but all went well. Used a banjo bleeder and bleeding went fine. Did get some brake fluid on the front fender but that's hardly noticeable.

·
Vendor
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Serenith,

I don't think there is a recommended change out period for the braided stainless lines. With the additional outer poly sheathing, the stainless braiding, and the inner teflon liner, they are going to hold up much better than standard rubber hoses.

And I am quite confident that 99.999% of owners do not change their stock lines every 4 years. Sounds like they let an attorney review and comment on the owner's manual.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts