StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never been there, but thinking of going this July. I'm curious about the track and viewing areas.

If you've ever been to Laguna Seca, they have a huge Trinitron television screen in front of the turn-3 grandstands -- get a seat there and you're set for watching the live action as well as seeing the entire race. I was a bit disappointed to learn Mid-Ohio doesn't offer any televised viewing.

Do any of the grandstands or hills surrounding the course offer a full or mostly full view of the entire track? Where's the best place to sit?

While it's nice to listen to bikes on a track, I prefer to actually see the race evolve with each turn. Not too interested in getting a glimpse of only one or two turns.

And on another note, where are the cheap hotels that are likely to still have vacancies?

Thanks for any info. See you at the races (maybe).

·
Registered
195 Posts
mid ohio

have been going since 98....usually stay at comfort inn in seville. on 76 east, 1st exit east of 76/71 interchange. 1/2 the price and can reserve anytime. funny thing, weather has always cooperated too..
i still have family in white lake township...go to vmd and visit them week between. stay in touch as time gets closer.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Mid-Ahia...

I grew up 20 miles from the track, was at its first race in 1962, and damn near every one since. I met Jim Hall (Chapparal), Mark Donahue & Roger Penske (Porsche 917-10) and Denny Hulme (McClaren) there in the 70s (even tho I can't spell their names for crap!) when I was a kid.
It's a great track for spectaters (vs regular taters!) especially around turns 7, 8 & 9, from the infield. The camping at the track sucks! The area over around Mohican State Park is great for riding. (But not much else in that immediate area.)
I'm trying to get together some of our brothers & sisters from Stromtrooper to at least cross paths there on Saturday. More info to follow (I hope!).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts