StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No good conversation lately. You guys riding or just tired of typing?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well some of us are still here...mainly ridin to work and runnin the Dragon on weekends. So nice and peaceful up there this time of year. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went to get our tree today from Red Barn in Avery County and roads were okay except for a few leftover northeners driving slowly!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Since the kids are grown we just throw up a little pre-lit tree. Went riding today and it sure was nice.....glad I got some firstgear overpants. Supposed to get pretty chilly startin tuesday.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Haven't ridden since the Sticky Fingers run. :(

Maybe if the leaves would stop falling, I could stop raking and do a little riding, if only for a little while.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haven't ridden since the Sticky Fingers run. :(

Maybe if the leaves would stop falling, I could stop raking and do a little riding, if only for a little while.
Yeah I know..................you remember those appetizer coupons we got??? Well my wife and I are going to try and go down on the 7th to use it and do some shopping across the road in the stores.

I have a new Sargeant seat on the way and is showing here Tuesday but I am busy with most of next week doing re-cert for officers statewide in Haywood County.

I know I will want to get a ride in to see how the seat is!

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you need another of those coupons, let me know. I think I still it laying around here somewhere. Don't know that I'll get back to Gville any time soon.

I'll be interested in what you think about the Sargent. I'm considering sending mine down to the guy in FL who does the custom seats... it seems to be the most cost effective option for me and he gets good reviews. But still may consider other options.

Have fun on your shopping trip! (At least you'll get some good BBQ out if it!)

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
No good conversation lately. You guys riding or just tired of typing?
It's 19 degrees in Boston, with snow forecast this afternoon. Guess......

Taking mine off the road today, most likely. We usually get a December thaw but rain and snow are in the forecast for the next week.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Well, yesterday (Saturday), my wife and I rode 280mi. RT to get a hamburger near West Point Ga. We had planned to have a nice southern-style dinner at the 'Heart of the South Tea Room'. Probably should have called first; as we rode up, they were closing - at 1:30pm..! :???: Seems they don't have regular hours, and kind of adjust to the local demand.. Oh well. So, we went to a place on West Point lake called Southern Harbor and had what was actually a pretty decent burger. Still, I had my heart set on a good cookin' and homemade deserts.. Guess we gotta go back again..;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Still Here

Things are good in eastern NC. I leave my bikes in Carolina Beach for the winter (usually 5 degrees warmer there). Been riding the last three weekends.

Last Sunday, did the southern New Hanover County loop. Carolina Beach North to Myrtle Grove to Shipyard to River Road.

Saturday: Carolina Beach to Wilmington along the Cape Fear River (River Road), by the USS NC, over to Brunswick County, down 133 to Southport, had subs at Famous, caught the NC Ferry back from Southport to Fort Fisher. Then home.

Sunday: Carolina Beach to Wilmington via Myrtle Grove, Lunch at McAllisters, Shipyard to River Road again home.

These are all less than 80 miles, but this time of year I'm happy. It's been averaging about 60 degrees between noon and 4 pm.

Ran across a Yellow Strom yesterday, parked at Kure Beach pier near Jack Mackerals, anyone from here?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Good morning kids. My wife Karen I and rode Saturday. Me on the wee, she on the xr650l. She's working on getting mileage and road experience since getting her endorsement. Left Hendersonville on Crab Creek Rd. to 64 West to Pisgah Forest. 276, left at the fish hatchery through to 215. On up to the BRP. South to the 'highest point on the parkway'. We took the obligatory 'we were here shots' then headed north. The parkway was pretty much deserted. Lots of ice on the rocks along the way. It was simply beautiful. Took the road that goes up the the Black Balsam Knob trailhead and the parking area further on. Took a little break up there. Karen loved riding the BRP (it was her first time riding a moto on it).

We got in a little after dark. 130 mile day. That was her longest ride yet.

I guess I'm going to have to get a pic account so I can post pics.

al:)

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
I left, but I'm back now....

Hey, I had to go out for groceries.

I'm back now, hungry?

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
I had to stop at the drugstore

It started raining on the way home, so I stopped at the drugstore to get a GPS cover.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm here and if you travel RTP you will see me.
Passed over your tag line quickly, then noticed it's not "Suicidal", it's "homicidal" maniac. Did the RTP thing for a couple of years. Totally understand the need to kill someone. Your justified in my book.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It started raining on the way home, so I stopped at the drugstore to get a GPS cover.
If you have a premature street occur will that bust the cover????:mrgreen:

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
GPS Cover

No.

It's got a high tensile strength and receptacle end.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts