StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seven years ago VSRI members suggested the thread topic above. It's been a wonderful seven years since. We have and continue to meet some truly nice people and have turned our passion into a lifestyle. Thanks to everyone.

As winter sets in here in the US we have more time to develop new original Adventuretech solutions. I also have more time to look around the world for less expensive alternatives to higher priced items and create more competition to bring prices down.

Input from the community is our best possible source of direction. Ideas, needs, and problems are all welcome. Post here or shoot me a PM.

Thanks,
richlandrick

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
Rick, I wear touring boots on the weekend and work boots during the week. I would love a quick adjust shifter. Maybe some kind of ecentric tube or cam lobe looking thing that either goes over the existing shifter or replaces it. Grind off the pedal, drill a hole and bolt on the adjustable pedal. Some kind of ident or a row of ident holes, maybe some index marks. Just throwing ideas out there.

·
Vendor
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
A skid plate and lowering linkage for the V2 are in the works.

I made a batch of 1" lowering and 1" raising today. I want to put some miles on them myself before putting them up for sale.

The skid pan is not as far along, but the objective is well defined. Don't loose any more ground clearance than absolutely necessary and don't let the skid plate hit before the peg feelers when cornering on the street. Make it robust and not a total PITA to change the oil filter and oil.

Regarding the adjustable gear shift, have you looked at our gear shift relocation kit? I think once the gear shift is moved forward I should work in a single position for a wide range of boots.

Booby, sounds like your describing a Utopia back rest. It's removable, can lean forward to allow the passenger to get on, and only as big as it needs to be. I made one for myself a few years back, but it was a lot of welding and forming of steel. Not really CNC work.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I would like to see some passenger arm rests that maybe bolt up to the grab handles??

·
Registered
64 Posts
A shield for the exposed oil filter and front cylinder exhaust would be nice. I never take the bike offroad, so I don't need a full skid plate. Also, some sort of removable bracket that attaches under the engine and allows me to raise the bike off the floor with a hydraulic lift. It would have to be quick to install and remove and provide a flat surface for the jack.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Plus 1...bonus if you can make them fold back

fold back and have the fancy swing out cup holder like I saw on a Goldwing! :thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts