StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
13,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keith Falkner is in town so assuming Keith is still able to go we are going to do our second annual Haugen's V-Strom invasion.

Any of the rest of you feel like showing up?

..Tom

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
You only doing 1 trip per year? I'm tied up for this Thursday but I see a fair bit of free time in the near future.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Hmmm, I'll be riding back from my brothers place in Ottawa on Thursday. I'll plan a route that comes back that way and stop by for the fun and excitement.

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Connecting with V-Tom for ride to Haugen's

V-Tom,

I propose to meet you at your work, and ride with you to the restaurant. My friend and riding companion of many many years will join us there.

If I may meet you at your work, please suggest a time. If that is not OK, then I will find my way, and see you there.

Thanks for the idea!
Keith

·
Administrator
13,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know if I can handle that much excitement more than once a year! ;-)

But if you are in the area I'm sure that I can do my best..

..Tom

You only doing 1 trip per year? I'm tied up for this Thursday but I see a fair bit of free time in the near future.

·
Administrator
13,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Ian,

It would be nice to see you... I work til 5 in Woodbridge so I doubt we'll be there much before 6pm.

..Tom

Hmmm, I'll be riding back from my brothers place in Ottawa on Thursday. I'll plan a route that comes back that way and stop by for the fun and excitement.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but just where is this "Haugens" place anyway?
I see there is one in Port Perry, and another in Oshawa.
Love to try to swing out there and put some faces to names, but Port Perry is out of reach for me tomorrow after another commitment that evening.

Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'll be there around 7pm.

Hey V-Tom

A couple of buds of mine are leaving the Toronto Star building (1 Yonge)around 5:30pm. I'll be the one with the black V-1000 riding on TKC's, and wearing a Corona jacket.

Hope to see you guys there.

Cheers.

Rui

·
Registered
636 Posts
We looked for you, saw your bike but didn't see you.

I was the other black Vee at Haugens.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Ohh, BTW I like the sticker on your back fender !

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ian--sorry I missed you. We arrived around 7:15pm and went right into the restaurant to eat..... when we were done, it appeared almost everyone had left.

Tom & Keith--good to see you guys stayed around long enough so that I could meet up with both of you. Sorry I had to leave so early, maybe next time we can spend some more time chatting.

Cheers,

Rui

·
Administrator
13,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Keith: as always, nice riding with you!

Rui: It was nice to meet! Hopefuly we can ride together sometime!

Ian: We met up with Rui a little bit after you left.

We also met another fellow with a Blue 650. I foget his name but hopefuly he pops in here befre too long.

..Tom

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Did I remember his name?

Well, the wife of the fellow on the new blue DL650 was Nancy. She was riding a lovely Kawasaki 500. I think the Strom rider was named Geoff ... or Jeff if he spells it that way instead.

He will probably show up and ask how we could have forgotten his name was Aloysius!

... which is pronounced a-low-ISH-us ... usually ... I think.

What's in a name, anyway?

Ferd

?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts