StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
13,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any of you heading over to Haugen's one of these Thursdays?

I have never been there when it is busy.. would like to see what it is all about and I think I need reinforcments.

..Tom

·
Registered
79 Posts
Tom

I was there last week and saw two other Stroms. I hung around for a while but didn't see the owners. It would be great to meet up there. Can't do it this week because I'm out of town but we should arrange a night in a week or two to give a few guys a chance to schedule it in.
I did notice that a lot of other riders were checking out the Stroms pretty closely.

Theo

·
Registered
36 Posts
haugens

were's that . i think i'v seen it on T.V .

·
Administrator
13,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Their web site is at:

http://www.haugensbbq.com/

I have never attended one of the big evenings. I have been there twice when nothing was going on (one on a rainy eve the otehr time a few weeks ago before their season started.) Evidently a lot of bikes show up on nice Thursday evenings.

..Tom

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Hey Tom,

I'm on holidays for the next couple of weeks. Don't know about next week, supposed to be riding to the Ottawa area, but I might be able to make it to Haugen's the week following. I could swing past your place on the way.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey V Tom, I've been there a couple of times last year and both times there must have been a couple of hundred bikes. They also have dealers from the various manufacturers to test bikes.

I'm in Newmarket and it would be great to meet 1 or more fellow V-Strommers.
Let me know when you plan to head out.

·
Administrator
13,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let me know when you are back.. we can head over. I'd go straight from work at 400 & hwy 7.

..Tom

Hey Tom,

I'm on holidays for the next couple of weeks. Don't know about next week, supposed to be riding to the Ottawa area, but I might be able to make it to Haugen's the week following. I could swing past your place on the way.

·
Administrator
13,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are several Stroms around Newmarket, I'm in Mt Albert. I am doing some cottage stuff this weekend but I would be pleased to meet up with you! I try and take my bike to work in Woodbridge every day I can so I could stop for a coffee on my way home.

..Tom

Hey V Tom, I've been there a couple of times
last year and both times there must have been a couple of hundred bikes. They also have dealers from the various manufacturers to test bikes.

I'm in Newmarket and it would be great to meet 1 or more fellow V-Strommers.
Let me know when you plan to head out.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey Tom

I was thinking about going out this Thursday with my son.I haven't been I just keep hearing about it. I almost went last week but had a guy looking to buy my Honda Shadow so didn't make it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm in Mt. Albert at least once a week. The convenience store is a customer of mine.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Haugens June 21

I will be at Haugens this Thursday. If anyone wants to meet up there, have a quick tour around the parking area and we can set up a V-Strom corner.
I don't know if there are any special events that night but the weather will be nice so there will be lots of bikes.

·
Administrator
13,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TJ: I am going to try and make it after work Thursday. If it isn't purign in the morning I'll ride to work and bike from there to Haugens. In theory I finish at 5 pm so sometime shortly after that I should be able to head over.

Strommin' Thru: I work in Woodbridge near 400 & 7 and won't likely head home to Mount Albert. I'll probably head across the different cross roads but like to head past Lake Wilcox [near Yonge and King Road] and then go east but I am totally flexible if I don't get held up at work. Would you like to meet up at my work or somewhere else or just head over to Haugens and meet there?

If you pm me I'll give you my email and cell so we can connect.

..Tom

·
Registered
278 Posts
i'd like to meet up one thurs. it's my busiest night at work but if you pick a thurs with a few weeks notice, i'll book it off. always wanted to go.
mike

·
Registered
213 Posts
Are any of you heading over to Haugen's one of these Thursdays?

I have never been there when it is busy.. would like to see what it is all about and I think I need reinforcments.

..Tom

Keep an eye on your speed. When I went last year there was radar set up on hwy 7/12 just before Haugens. There must have been at least 200 bikes, everthing from customs to sport bikes. It breaks up early so you want to be there by 6 p.m.
I might see you there depending on how early I get off work.

·
Administrator
13,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey TJ,

Nice seeing you again at Haugens!

Do you recall the name of the guy we talked to that had the Strom? I think his name was Roger and he was from Bomanville.

..Tom

·
Registered
278 Posts
Going on aug 09. it's lots of notice but it's my holidays so i'll be able to make it. hope to see you there.
mike

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Stopped in at Haugen's last Thursday. Interesting crowd.

A bit of a disappointment, but not a big surprise, my ribs are better than theirs. :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Going to Haugen's aug. 9th. should be at least me and another Vstrom and hope to see more there. i'll just be getting back from a ride to the soo.
mike

1 - 20 of 21 Posts