StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a picture of the lift I own.

I used this when I owned my KLR650 with no problem, but the underside of that bike was pretty tidy. The DL650 underside makes me hesitate to put a lift under it (more specifically, because of the radiator and exhaust pipes).

Does anyone use this for their Wee, and if so, is there any special way of lifting the bike to prevent damage?

Of course, I probably will just try it out...slowly...but I thought I'd see if anyone has experience with it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Personally, I'd be nervous about using any of these types of lifts without a bike that has frame rails underneat the bike. IOW, these work great on Harleys.

- Mark

·
Registered
351 Posts
This type of jack will not work with the exhaust system under the motor.
The screw type are better with adpater pins to get around the ehaust. That type of jack works best on Harleys, Gold Wings, where there is a frame to jack up on.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys are confirming my suspicions.

Hmmm, I guess I'll just have to add a centerstand to my list of "needs". :p

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
I would not own a bike without a center stand. And I get to take it with me on the road just in case. Ride On, Ride Safe.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just to make your decision harder..... I have one of those and it works fine ***if you have a skid plate****

I have the SW-Motech guards and plate and it perches on there just fine.

--Kevin

·
Registered
369 Posts
I had to install a skid plate I bought from Dan Vesel in order to use this lift. Unless you get something like it or make some sort of adaptor, you wont be able to use it with a Strom.

Wingman

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kind of bummed about this, :( because I bought this lift only a few months back. Had I known I wasn't keeping my KLR for long, I wouldn't have bought it.

I guess for now, it will sit idle in the garage. If I end up buying a skidplate, I'll clear the cobwebs and put it in use again.

I did an oil change without it, no problem, and I just read about the "no lift" chain lube method, so I suppose I should be alright without the lift for awhile. I suppose I could sell it for a few bucks.

Oh well!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts