1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
149 Posts
These are a more powerful version of the light I sell. In my experience, the 2000 (closer to 1800 lumens) lights are much more than enough, and probably should be used with a dimmer.

A note of caution regarding that website. The people that run that are not very professional and fairly deceitful. They hacked my google+ account, spammed all of my friends and contacts, and threatened to sue me and have someone come "deal with me" in addition to ranting in nonsensical english about my mother.

YMMV. That's my experience.

I sell pairs of the 20 watt lights for 175 shipped.

Best Regards,
George

·
Registered
552 Posts
That place is in India? I don't trust them....have no reason for that other than my biased opinion have dealt with Indians before. I know, personal bias, but its just been my experience. YMMV

·
StromTrooper.com Founder
11,285 Posts
Hello fellow stromtroopers. I awake from the dead :) to inform you that I have been receiving threatening e-mails from a "nick" and then "Rahul" from e-mail address [email protected] regarding this thread.

It is apparent that "he" cannot get through his head that I no longer own/manage this site. He specifically notes CrazyGeorge as a former employee they fired (CrazyGeorge-good luck on this one). And he implies that Stromtrooper conveys a support of "racism against India from your web forum".

The bozo repeatedly states that he has contacted the American Embassy, Ministry of Human Rights and News media houses regarding this "racism".

He also noted that "I already forwarded these details to my Govt. and USA Embassy to take action against that site"

I am freaking clueless what this person is trying to do. I consistently remind him that he needs to contact the new owners of the site and he continues to send me even more bizarre e-mails.

Evidently Stromtrooper is still sending out a welcome e-mail from me that I put together years ago. If they are in fact still doing that, I have contacted the new owners multiple times to stop this. If someone can verify it has changed, that would be great (I don't want to set up another account to test it)

So, feel free to contact Nick, Rahul or whatever he calls himself. If the USA Ministry of India shows up on my doorstep about racism, I will make sure that someone lets all of you know.

And again, CrazyGeorge, I don't know you but............good luck. Sorry to hear you were fired

Safe travels,

Brendan

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
That place is in India? I don't trust them....have no reason for that other than my biased opinion have dealt with Indians before. I know, personal bias, but its just been my experience. YMMV
Oh come on, there are aholes in every country. You get what you expect.

·
StromTrooper.com Founder
11,285 Posts
Email recieved today. I sure wouldn't do business with them:

Hello

We don't want to disturb you.

what can I do when that fraud website still running on you name.

If its not your then why they use your name?

why don't you asked site owner to remove your name from all database.

when ever any our team member post on that site that post is removed from that site but George Post are still there.

we just want to inform that that guy is still not more with us. So don't deal with him in our company name.

*but our post removed.

why so?

now tell me who is fraud?

don't worry I have all your and mine emails..

we use our company email id so any our team member can send mail from [email protected]*

Regards

Rahul

·
Registered
302 Posts
It is apparent that "he" cannot get through his head that I no longer own/manage this site.
Then why do you still identify yourself as an administrator of the site in your sig line?

Seriously though, this guy's threats to escalate to the American Embassy carry about as much weight as the e-mail I received last week from a nice fellow in Nigeria offering to split $60M with me if I kindly let him wire the funds to me.

:confused: Maybe it's just me, but the heartache of this sort of BS in dealing with shady knockoff crap product just isn't worth saving a few $$. I'd much rather delay buying a set of lights until I can afford to buy from a reputable place.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I saw a thread like this on ADVRider. Had something to do with two venders of the same lights badmouthing each other. It went on and on and on about lawsuites etc. The one guy published all of the PMs between them. It got into insulting people's mothers. I kid you not.

Admin, I strongly recommend not letting this thread go there.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Brendan, you still have Site Administrator as your user title in your profile details.

·
StromTrooper.com Founder
11,285 Posts
He sent me another one this evening. In the spirit of "not letting it turn into something" I will not post it. It is pretty much the same rant. You have been informed as to what this vendor is doing. If he was in fact ignored by the Admins, I understand why.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'm going to eat a steak and remind them that my Caste system will never allow them to reach a place worthy of my payment.

Burp! Pass the beef tips.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hey Folks,

I haven't responded because I think its mostly counter productive to turn threads about lighting into some international pissing war.

I was never employed by that company. I bought some product from them, then just went ahead and bought from the manufacturer in bulk when I was ready to order more. Simple as that. :confused:

I apologize if any of you are experiencing issues and harassment from these folks. I have nothing to do with them, and I think they're way out of line for being just another vendor. I'm not a racist, but I do feel there is a different sentiment about justice and law, and if that's the way they do things over in India, I'm glad I don't do business there.

Anyhoo...I still have a number of lights available if anyone is still interested in that. :thumbup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts