StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched for this and did not see anyone ask about it yet. If they did I apologize.

Has anyone downloaded or used this application?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/motorcycle-minder-bike-maintenance/id325468070?mt=8

I bought my new Wee this weekend and want an easy way to track my maintenance and services while on the road.

Or if you have not used this application please tell me how you keep track of everything.

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
I use a text file on my computer as a log. Date, odo reading and description for each thing done.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I've used the Car Minder app to keep track of two cars and two bikes for a year and a half now. I really like the app. (I've never used similar products to compare it to though.) You can create your own services and frequency as well as record any maintenance activities. I like that you can email all of the data to yourself to serve as a backup or a way to transition to another app should the need arise.

·
Premium Member
4,861 Posts
I get by with a 4x6" spiral notebook. Date/mileage, what I did.
That's what I use when traveling, though mine is 3.5x5.5". :mrgreen:

I use a text file on my computer as a log. Date, odo reading and description for each thing done.
Then transfer to an Excel spreadsheet when I return home or just add when traveling locally. I keep gas and mileage on one worksheet and service on another.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The only bad thing I see is, like many apps, it stays on your phone only. I wish iCloud could keep apps as well as info but I guess not. Plus it is a very expensive app for something so uncomplicated
I've been using it for a couple of years now on both my Wee and Glee(s). It does export maintenance logs and I find it pretty easy to use, but the mileage log has no export functionality.

Mainly, the developer has just seemingly lost interest and hasn't updated the app for a while for even easy things like, e.g. retina displays. I sent them an email about export functionality but haven't received a response, so I'll keep using the app until it breaks.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I used to use an Excel spreadsheet which had the advantage of being able to add up all the money I had spent and also provide stats such as $/year and so on.

Nowadays I don't care as much and don't actually keep records, other than using one of my trip metres to show my how old my oil is. I have been thinking of using "Fuelly" to also keep track of my servicing as it allows you to add notes to each refuel (in addition to your fuelling data). Click on my signature to get to the site if this interests you.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Plus it is a very expensive app for something so uncomplicated
Really? $3 is very expensive?

Personally, I print a reciept at the petrol station, write my kms down on it, then put it into spread sheet at home.

I tried using this for my car to see if its easier than the spreadsheet. The free version may not do what you want though. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/road-trip-lite-mpg-mileage/id299392794?mt=8

I am still using my spread sheet, much more detail and is not phone/app dependant. I have all my vehicles since 1998 written down...

If you want to do it on your phone (I don't want to) then $3 to find out if its any good, is really not a big deal. Otherwise I am sure there are free ones (perhaps targetted at cars) that will do what you need for free.

as a side note, I have started using Fuelly | Share and Compare Your MPG to share the information -it allows me to import from my spread sheets. I haven't put the Strom online yet, just my car for a test.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I used to use an Excel spreadsheet which had the advantage of being able to add up all the money I had spent and also provide stats such as $/year and so on.

Nowadays I don't care as much and don't actually keep records, other than using one of my trip metres to show my how old my oil is. I have been thinking of using "Fuelly" to also keep track of my servicing as it allows you to add notes to each refuel (in addition to your fuelling data). Click on my signature to get to the site if this interests you.
I use Mint.com for the financial tracking, just tagging expenses per motorcycle or for things like training classes.

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
A clipboard hanging on the garage wall suffices for all my vehicles.

"V-Strom XX,XXX miles Mobil1/filter" or "Maxima XXX,XXX miles spark plugs", for example, is all I need to know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts