StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When do the DL1000's hit the states? All of the local shops have the 650 on the floor but none have the 1000 and have no projection for when it will land. I see Canada and Europe have them now.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I assume you are in NC from your name. I've seen several for sale at Team Powersport Raleigh and RideNow Powersports in Concord in the past few weeks. Suzuki is also doing Demo Days this Fri/Sat at Kevin Powell Powersports in Greensboro. I'm heading there tomorrow and can update if it's in the fleet

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting, as of last week, just 650's here.

·
Registered
11,531 Posts
I don't believe any of the Suzuki dealers around the St. Louis area have them. I contacted three including the giant dealer. I think we have six Suzuki dealers at least. No joy here.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm waiting on a quote for a white non-XT model from the guy I deal with. At first, I didn't like the white, the more I looked at the photos the more I liked it.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
I rode the same 2 demo bikes in Asheville at MR. Cycle. I am looking to upgrade from my 08 wee. I really liked the new 1000 a lot. I couldn't put it through its paces in the test environment but the bike felt comfy and certainly a big step up in power from the old wee. It is real narrow and easy for my 5'8' legs to reach the ground which really surprised me. The bike is tall but the narrowest I have sat on of all the street based ADV's... 1000 cc or bigger. I am also considering a Triumph Tiger 800 XR and possibly the Versys 1000. I am leaning more towards the Strom or Tiger 800 because I really like the lighter weight..... This is going to be a tough decision.... All the research I have done talks about how the Strom is not the best in any 1 area but just simply does everything very well. They talk about the power throughout a wide RPM band in the Versys or how the Tiger 800 is the "Sportbike" of the ADV line. This may sound crazy but I don't know if I can stand the whine of that Tiger 800. It sounds like and Angry bee...... The V-Twin sound of Strom..... You just have to love it... There is something comforting about that V-Twin feel and sound. Other things I noted compared to the Wee. The clutch pull is VERY light on the new 1000. Even lighter than the old wee which was not what I was expecting. The bike shifted wonderfully. Quick precise clicks with the shifter although I did hit one false neutral (I will need to adjust the toe lever down). I have also ridden and Africa Twin. I like the feel and the engine on it but it was a bit tall and I want a street based wheel set up as I will not be going of road... Most of my riding is in the Great Smoky Mountains area of N.E. TN and Western N.C....... How about it..... The new 1000 or a Tiger 800 XR....

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm in the same boat ronjr. I'm considering upgrading from my 2011 650 and have been looking at the new DL1000 and the Versys 1000. I had looked at the Tiger but I think I've discarded that one, though I do think it's a nice bike and I'm sure someone that chose it would be happy. I like the look of the Versys 1000 much more than I do the VStrom but I hate the side-load luggage and I'm not convinced that my Trax boxes (or similar) would work well on the Versys. Also, I've heard folks complain about buzziness on it, something that I don't think you're going to experience on the v-twin based VStrom at all. Tough decision! Fortunately I'm in no hurry since I still quite like my 650.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have in narrowed down to the new V or the VFR1200X Crosstourer. I am trying to set up test rides. The Honda seems to have everything the V does plus shaft drive, which for me is a very big selling point.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Starting to see more discounts the last few days. One dealer actually went up from $10999.00 to $11999.00. But another dealer went down in price. Really good deal on a 650. I haven't had any overtime lately so can't get one. :frown2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts