StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for suggestions for new bars? Anybody have and suggestions? I was think Pro-taper ATV high bend with Rox risers.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Easy as. Bend and style is going to be a personal choice sort of a deal. What works for me may not for you. Need to sort the mounting when you get adaptors. Need a little nounce and lateral thinking to sort out depending.

Tom R
can email you picks of my set up if you pm an address

·
Administrator
6,409 Posts
I replaced my stock bars with Pro-Taper ATV mid seven eigths. The height is almost identical. The bars are probably 2 inches wider and I am sure that the extra leverage has saved me from falling at least once while riding on gravel roads https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0x4325uKW8 (grabby brakes locked the front wheel). The ends of the bars are marked so they can be easily and accurately shortened if desired. The bars compared to stock do not bend inwards as much, tending to keep your elbows out.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I did the fat bars with the shorter Rox risers.
I like the flexibility in finding the sweet spot for me.
PM me an email addy I will sent pics, posting them here is a PITA.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I installed Pro-Taper EVO - Adventure Bars (part # 024026) these are the 1 1/8 inch bars. I cut 1/2 inch off each end - just because for me a better hand position. I mounted them with Rox-Elite 2 inch Pivot Risers for 7/8 or 1 1/18 handlebars (Rox part # 1R-P2SEK). Keep in mind that the Pro-Taper Evo Adventure bars have 14mm ID NOT the 18MM standard. So standard OEM bar ends will not fit. This set up is just perfect for me. The lines including the front brake line is at its stretch limit. I kept the cables & clutch/brake lines in front of the tripple tree just like stock, but have removed the line brackets at the yoke to free up more play. I am able to rotate the handlebars completely to the right & left. I installed bark buster hand guards, with necessary modifications in order to get them to fit properly along with a Kaoko Throttle lock. The fitment process for the bark busters & throttle lock is a bit complicated keeping in mind this set up is custom. So, I can't go into all of the adjustments I made to get them to fit simply because it will take me to write an instruction sheet. But if you are very comfortable with tools, a little custom work, you should do fine.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I installed Pro-Taper EVO - Adventure Bars (part # 024026) these are the 1 1/8 inch bars. I cut 1/2 inch off each end - just because for me a better hand position. I mounted them with Rox-Elite 2 inch Pivot Risers for 7/8 or 1 1/18 handlebars (Rox part # 1R-P2SEK). Keep in mind that the Pro-Taper Evo Adventure bars have 14mm ID NOT the 18MM standard. So standard OEM bar ends will not fit. This set up is just perfect for me. The lines including the front brake line is at its stretch limit. I kept the cables & clutch/brake lines in front of the tripple tree just like stock, but have removed the line brackets at the yoke to free up more play. I am able to rotate the handlebars completely to the right & left. I installed bark buster hand guards, with necessary modifications in order to get them to fit properly along with a Kaoko Throttle lock. The fitment process for the bark busters & throttle lock is a bit complicated keeping in mind this set up is custom. So, I can't go into all of the adjustments I made to get them to fit simply because it will take me to write an instruction sheet. But if you are very comfortable with tools, a little custom work, you should do fine.

Good info. Do you have any pictures?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts